Critics' Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Critics' Corner

A review site like no other

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Relics from past rpgs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain
Administrator
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain

Relics from past rpgs Empty
PostSubject: Relics from past rpgs   Relics from past rpgs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Superhero Name: Radiant
Secret Identity: Cody
Description: Radiant is six feet tall and in perfect shape, slim and ripped, with a runner's physique enhanced by a daily workout at the gym. His hair is a weird mix of fuchsia and cyan, but it, occasionally changes color when his mood is extremely strong, and it is cut short with the front bangs longer and either sticking up or hanging in his face. He is nicely tanned. His eyes are an opalescent silver, and he wears a white domino mask over his eyes. His costume is also white, with a silver trim, and it is sleeveless, showing off his impressive arms. He does wear white hand gloves, and is frequently surrounded with lights and rainbows. His chest emblem is downward-pointing reflective triangle. He also wears a utility belt (full of makeup and disguise items, including tightly-folded hats and costumes).
Personality: Radiant is a cheerful, if somewhat over-the-top hero. Openly gay, and more than a little campy, he is also always ready with a quip in the middle of combat. He is a fierce supporter of lgbt rights, and has been seen socializing with many celebrities, as well as petitioning politicians to be more supportive of gay causes. However, he's also a very good listener, and is always ready to lend an ear to his fellow teammates. He is, however, occasionally prone to losing his temper, especially since his relationship problems have come to light.
Origin: Cody was always the "sensitive" one, a kid more comfortable with books than sports. His catholic parents shook their heads in confusion, and let him read about ancient myths, but they were angry with him when he came out to them at 16. He was angry right back, and stormed out of the house, wandering into the night. He made his way into a bad part of town, and was totally out of his element, when he came across a girl with hair dyed rainbow colors being roughed up by a group of thugs. They outnumbered him, but his righteous anger drove Cody to attack... his blood boiled and dazzling laser beams fired from his eyes! Strange memories and sensations rushed into him, and he was almost overwhelmed by them until the girl pulled him back with a smile. She was Iris, the rainbow messenger of the gods, and told Cody that he was a reincarnated god as well... Apollo. She blessed Cody with her powers as well, and thanked him, before vanishing in a polychromatic flash. He made a costume, and turned to protecting the Gayborhood from muggers, lowlifes, and the like, but like his past self, he has been unlucky in love... going from a cheater to a closeted guy to a jerk, and so he's sworn off love, opting to help others find their happiness and fighting for their rights instead.
Powers: Radiant can move up to the speed of light, either running or flying, usually trailing a rainbow behind him (though he can suppress this effect if he needs to be stealthy). He can also hover in the air, fire laser beams from his eyes, and create rainbow force fields and tendrils/platforms to manipulate objects from a distance. His senses are increased, giving him night vision, telescopic vision, x-ray vision, infrared vision, ultraviolet vision, and the rare vision of future events (which he can't control or call on reliably), all of which help prevent him from running into objects when moving at such incredible speeds. When running he can run on top of water and up walls, or run around a foe, pummeling them mercilessly in a whirlwind strike. He might have other powers, but he has yet to discover them.
Quote » Report This Post » Back To Top
bmmnns

Add User as Friend Send User a Message

Posted: Tue Aug 3, 2010 07:58 PM

Subject: Radiant, continued
Weaknesses: Radiant is vulnerable to attacks powered by darkness, though normal darkness doesn't affect it... darkness-based powers just do twice as much damage. He also is vulnerable to Christian magic (exorcisms, etc) given his pagan powers. Finally, he loses all of his powers when around someone to whom he's physically attracted. One prophecy he received suggests that this effect will vanish once he's found true, lasting love, but his current love life is awful, so that's a long way off. A few of the more muscular male villains out there have capitalized on this weakness in the past, and it is common knowledge.
Extra: Radiant and Captain Conservative have argued and been on opposite sides in the past, though they've never come to blows. Radiant tends to keep his distance (which, for a flying speedster, is easy), both because CC aggravates him to no end and also because he's aware that his liberal goals are his teammate's weakness.
Radiant is also a master of disguise (he picked it up from some Drag Queen friends) and uses it for the more investigative aspects of superheroics. He can use his superspeed to change costumes in an instant, and his utility belt keeps all the necessary supplies handy.

OOC - I think I forgot to mention his day job. Cody runs an independent bookstore, catering to the gay community.

Cody slid a copy of the graphic novel, Boy Meets Hero, into a recyclable bag and handed it to the customer with a smile, thanking him for his patronage. He then turned to his employee, Tammy, a cute african-american woman who was shelving some new releases in the magazine section. "Man, are they still printing XY? I thought that magazine folded years ago," she said to him, without turning around. Cody grinned at her, and replied glibly, "Hey, pictures of gorgeous young guys in their natural habitat and wearing surprisingly little will always sell, hon." Then, the radio (which Tammy always tried to put on Hard Rock, or Rokk, as she insisted on spelling it, and Cody would periodically switch back to pop music) halted the song. "We interrupt this program with terrible news... the Washington Monument has somehow exploded, and police and rescue workers are currently baffled as to how this occurred. What's more, part of it seems to have landed on top of the Senate building, and, as you know, the Senate was in session, discussing the value of continuing to support superheroic efforts on Earth and in space. Nobody has exited the building, which might currently be structurally unsound, so rescue teams cannot enter. In this reporter's opinion, something has gone horribly wrong."
Cody slid a copy of the graphic novel, Boy Meets Hero, into a recyclable bag and handed it to the customer with a smile, thanking him for his patronage. He then turned to his employee, Tammy, a cute african-american woman who was shelving some new releases in the magazine section. "Man, are they still printing XY? I thought that magazine folded years ago," she said to him, without turning around. Cody grinned at her, and replied glibly, "Hey, pictures of gorgeous young guys in their natural habitat and wearing surprisingly little will always sell, hon." Then, the radio (which Tammy always tried to put on Hard Rock, or Rokk, as she insisted on spelling it, and Cody would periodically switch back to pop music) halted the song. "We interrupt this program with terrible news... the Washington Monument has somehow exploded, and police and rescue workers are currently baffled as to how this occurred. What's more, part of it seems to have landed on top of the Senate building, and, as you know, the Senate was in session, discussing the value of continuing to support superheroic efforts on Earth and in space. Nobody has exited the building, which might currently be structurally unsound, so rescue teams cannot enter. In this reporter's opinion, something has gone horribly wrong."
Cody and Tammy shared a look. Rainbow Readers was currently empty of customers, but before Cody could say anything, Tammy raised one imperious finger. "I was supposed to have the afternoon off, but you can make it up to me if you'll change in front of me... and I get first dibs on becoming your sidekick." Cody smiled at her, and nodded. "Fair enough... I'll even design your costume... but you'll need to think of a codename. Sapphic Sister, maybe? Oh, and don't look directly at me... light that intense is blinding." Without another word, he concentrated on light, illuminating and defining the world around him, and he began to glow... red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, white. His vision of the world seemed to slow down as he went into high speed, standing in place but wrapped in rainbow colors and dazzling light. Once it surrounded him totally, he knew he was fast enough... this whole process would actually take only a second, and Tammy would just see him flash from mere mortal to superhero in a blaze of momentary light, but for him, the whole world slowed almost to a stop as he rapidly pulled out his costume from various hiding spots... gloves, specialized friction-proof running boots, form-fitting pants that showed off his legs, sleeveless top, muscle-enhancing top, and mask. Then, he returned to real-time, and the light radiated out from him as Tammy, who'd dutifully averted her
bmmnns

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 04:38 PM

Subject: continued
Radiant looked around the area, scanning for danger. Aside from the hole in the top of the structure, it was almost placid... and nobody was there, which was freakish in one of the busiest centers of D.C. There weren't even any other heroes. "Huh... I wonder where the others are? You'd think that something this big would attract more than little ole' me, though I am the fastest one of us all" he pondered. He then turned to the Senate building and used his X-ray vision, his eyes glowing a brilliant yellow, watching as the walls faded from sight, then the outer hallway, then the deeper sections of the building, and frowned. "Is that... the guards and staff tied up... and squirming?" He focused his X-ray vision deeper, scanning their bodies, and gasped in horror! Bombs!? Someone had placed bombs in each of their mouths?! That was twisted and vile! He pulled his gaze away, searching for the culprit, and found it... an entire room full of scrambling senators, fleeing the crushed ceiling and massive piece of monument, and... was that a COW?!?... with an oddly-dressed gentleman SKIPPING down the hall, laden with bombs in a variety of unlikely places that had even Radiant wincing (and he'd thought leather night at the local gay hotspot was bad). Then Radiant's blood turned cold, and he focused his X-ray vision again to take a closer look at the man's skeleton... it was elastic. His gaze switched to orange as he scanned for radiation, and there it was... a minute amount, likely more from the heat and force of an explosion, but plenty to warp a person's physical (and sometimes mental) structure, granting superpowers.The man was a supervillain. "Oh no," Radiant groaned. He raised his glove, with the special superteam communicator, and spoke into it, "All heroes needed at the Senate building... there is an unknown supervillain holding the staff and senators hostage with explosives. I repeat... there is an actual supervillain in the Senate."

OOC - Note, Radiant's vision powers each cause his eyes to glow a different color.
Red - Infrared vision
Orange - Identify radiation, invisible energy, or magnetic effects.
Yellow - X-ray vision
Green - Telescopic vision
Blue - Future Vision
Indigo - Night vision
Violet - Ultraviolet vision
White - Laser eye beams

"Now girls," cautioned Radiant, hoping to break this off before it fell to infighting. "I"m sure there's a reasonable explanation for the crazed lunatic in a costume attacking the senate and possibly blowing up the monument." He paused to consider what he had just said, and added, "On second thought, maybe not. But, in all fairness, the costume, from what I can see, resembles that of a jester, more than the American image of a clown... that might explain the confusion. Regardless, do we do this stealthily and quietly, hoping to take back the building bit by bit and defuse the bombs somehow, do we do it with a full-on attack, and try and sweep through the building with righteous wrath, or do we try a precision attack on the villain in question. If we do the latter, I might be able to get everyone in place in an instant by carrying each of you into formation around the guy on a rainbow slide in mind-numbing speed, but I'll have to stretch even MY usual timing to get you all there, you might be disoriented by what you'll see as a sudden shift in location (to you all it'll seem as if you teleported there all at once, instead of being brought through one by one), and I'll be wiped out and unable to do much of anything in this fight. On the other hand, unless the guy's a speedster, too, or a teleporter, or some sort of psychic or power-negator, we'll probably catch him by surprise."

OOC - We can't have our heroic careers squashed by the deaths of innumerable secret service agents right at the beginning, especially given that we'd been taking time to discuss strategy when it happened. The Washington monument's already been blown up and the senate building has suffered tremendous structural damage... being a hero is taking every chance to set things right despite the personal cost. Besides, Radiant has a strong sense of justice and equality, given his activist background, so he'd be unwilling to let them die if he could help it, even if they weren't important political figures. Besides, being a speedster means having the means to pull off this sort of trick before even the villain is aware of it. icon_biggrin.gif

Immediately after the madman claimed he'd accidentally blown up the secret service members, Radiant fell over, gasping and exhausted, but with a smile on his face. "Sorry... pant pant... but... gasp... I'm afraid... huh... that the secret service members are safely de-bombed and on the next block, wondering how they were saved. Woops."

Moments earlier...
Radiant saw Ze Jester raise his hand, holding something, and knew that now was the time to act. The others would have to be enough to handle the senators and the cow. Time seemed to slow to a crawl around him, the scenery being washed away by white light that only he could see, as his body sped up to the point where matter was more of a suggestion than a fact. His eyes flashed blue and he sighed in relief as his unreliable precognition flared across his vision, highlighting the exact path he'd need to take and how to remove (though not disable, as there wouldn't be enough time, even at his superspeed to get them all) the bombs from the gagged and bound agents, and where to safely stash them. Whispering a prayer of thanks to Iris, Zeus, and the Fates, he surged forward, moving through the building and freeing and removing each secret service member, and tossing the bombs in a pile. Sweat would have been pouring down his face if not for his mask, and swirls of color danced across his vision, the sign of his body's disorientation given the incredible speed. The heat of the air's friction was nearly a physical force by the time he returned to his original spot, where he collapsed when the momentum of the planet's motion and the incredible effort caught up with him.

As the vines reached for the heroes, Radiant stood up, brushed his costume off casually, and said, "Ant-Agonizer, darling, you know I hate getting dirt beneath my nails, but it was my understanding that plants needed lots of light." His eyes blazed and lasers seared through the vicious plants causing them to go up in flames, filling the air with the smell of burnt grass. "Well, I live to serve. You, however, will serve time, instead. Luckily, orange should bring out your eyes nicely." Suddenly, Ze Jester bounced by, grabbing Ant-Agonizer, and hurtled away. "(sigh), If there weren't another piece of our nation's superstructure in peril, I'd so chase after you guys... guess I'll just have to keep my eye on you." His eyes flickered again, activating his telescopic and x-ray vision as he noted the general direction and distance they traveled before they left even his range of sight. Leaving his teammates, he then zoomed off into the capitol building, quickly located the injured cow, used his x-ray vision to locate the bomb in one of it's stomachs, and waved his hand, flinging a rainbow INSIDE the cow to coil around the explosive, shielding not only the senators and the battered senate building, but the cow as well. Grinning at another chance for witty banter, Radiant cheerfully exclaimed, "Trying to terrorize us, Jester? Well, we are not cowed!"
Back to top Go down
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain
Administrator
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain

PostSubject: Re: Relics from past rpgs   Relics from past rpgs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Mutant City Blues: Superpowered Police Detectives
Ten years ago, the world changed. Or rather, one percent of the people changed, and the world was forced to keep up with them. Around the world, people from all walks of life experienced flu-like symptoms: nausea, headaches, muscles aches and fever. Many people still remember these early days of what would later be termed the Sudden Mutation Event (SME) with anxiety and dread. 11 days after the onset, however, the symptoms of the "ghost flu" vanished entirely. This fueled speculation of a terrified world populace, but it wasn't until months later when a 13 year old girl from Texas took literal flight during a softball game, that the effects became clear. Around the world, people began developing strange mutant powers, linked to previously unknown genetic material. All of these early manifesters had one thing in common: they'd all been struck by the ghost flu. A scientist named Dr. Quade coined the term Anamorphology to describe the study of mutant powers and genetics, and it was his team of researchers in the Quade Institute who developed the Quade Diagram, a complete genetic "map" of mutant abilities, and the defects that accompanied them. It was discovered that someone with the ability to enter someone else's dreams could not also teleport, and was unlikely to have a venomous bite, while those with super hearing and sonar powers INEVITABLY found themselves prone to developing blindness, especially if they strained themselves while using their powers too often without a period of rehab or therapy. While the cause of the SME was still unknown, the powers themselves worked by reliable scientific rules, and the Quade Diagram became the equivalent of the periodic table.

However, while 1% of the population developed mutant powers (and another 1% developed physical mutations of little practical use, such as the "Animes" whose eyes and pupils appeared unusually large, or those with bright green hair, reptilian eyes, leafy hair, strange tattoo-like skin markings, etc...these are referred to as "B-Category Mutants"), that 1% also means 1% of the criminals, and 1% of the victims. To cope, the city developed the Heightened Crimes Investigation Unit, or HCIU, bringing in mutant police officers to handle cases that baffled their "normal" peers. You are one of those officers, gifted with great powers and a duty to protect and serve. The world has become a different place, and it is up to you to defend EVERYONE, mutant and "DNA Standard" alike. Your next case is a tough one, though... a guy was found with a bump on his head, drowned... but he was a known mutant with gills. How do you drown someone who can breathe underwater?
bmmnns

Posted: Sat Jun 5, 2010 11:45 PM

Subject:
To play, you will need to make a character with the following bios...

NAME: (First OR Last name, not both. There are mutants who have colorful costumes and "code names," but real cops with code names get laughed out of the force. Nicknames, however, might work)
AGE: (Must be at least 21, and if you've risen in the ranks this young, you're a wunderkind. Most detectives are at least 25)
APPEARANCE: (Unless you're a category-B mutant, your appearance is perfectly human, and nobody can be both category-B AND Category-A)
GENERAL ABILITIES: You have 60 points for general abilities, which you'll want to concentrate on a few core skills. The more points in something, the better you are at it... health (everyone starts w/1 free point of health), stability (to resist the effects of mental defects or various mind/emotion affecting powers), shooting or scuffling.
INVESTIGATIVE ABILITIES: These are important for finding clues. You get 21 points to split between a number of investigative skills, including Forensic Accounting, Flirting, Interrogation, Fingerprinting, etc. It's ok to have low scores in a variety of investigative abilities. Everyone gets 2 free points of the Cop Talk ability.
MUTANT POWERS/DEFECTS: (If you are a category-B mutant or a dna standard detective, leave this blank. Otherwise, you get 40 points to pick between mutant powers. You can choose a 1 point of any starting power for 4 points. Any additional points of that power cost 1 point each. If you want to select a closely-related power, each separate power costs 4 points (unless it is an investigative power... they cost 1 point). Skipping a power to get to another power costs 2 points. YOU CANNOT SKIP DEFECTS. If you have Command Birds, Ice Blast, Reduce Temperature, and Wind Control and want Deplete Oxygen, you MUST pick up incipient Asthma. This just means that you have slight trouble breathing around pollutants, while recovering from a cold, etc... unless you try to knock out 8 thugs with Deplete Oxygen... that kind of stress to your system will increase the defect to stage one. Stage 1 and 2 can both be recovered from with therapy and rehab, but once you hit stage 3, you're no longer fit for the force).
STORY: (What really makes you stand out... are you a strong independent woman trying to prove yourself in a traditionally male field? A nerd bumped up from the lab because it was discovered you were good not just at analysis of crime scenes but at shooting fire from your fingers? The latest in a long line of cops in your family, but the first mutant, dealing with that pressure? Openly gay? What is your character's story, and why is (s)he doing this job?)
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 12:11 AM

Subject: General Abilities
Athletics - All acts of physical derring-do, from lifting objects to running to jumping to dodging falling or oncoming objects or blasts.

Driving - You're a skilled defensive driver, capable of wringing high performance from even the most recalcitrant automobile, pick-up truck or van. You can evade or conduct pursuit, avoid or minimize damage from collisions, spot tampering with a vehicle, or conduct emergency repairs. Additional rating points in driving lets you add another vehicle type... like motocycle, transport truck, helicopter, boat, airplane.

Filch - Your nimble fingers allow you to unobtrusively manipulate small objects. You can pilfer clues, pick pockets, plant objects on unsuspecting subjects.

Health - How well you sustain injuries, resist infection, and survive the effects of toxins. The higher health you have, the harder it is to take you out of the game... everyone starts with 1 free point here, but at 0 to -5, you're hurt, at -6 to -11 you are seriously wounded and may sustain permanent injury, and may go unconscious, ad at -12, you are dead.

Infiltration - You can get to (and out of) places you're not supposed to be. You can pick locks, deactivate or evade security systems, sneak up on subjects and their hideouts, and find suitable places for forced entry.

Mechanics - You're good at building, repairing, and disabling devices, from traps to dvd players. You can create jury-rigged devices from the right odd bits of scrap. You can use this as an investigative ability as well to evaluate workmanship quality or determine a handmade item's maker

Medic - You can perform first aid on sick or injured individuals.

Preparedness - You always carry just the right objects in case you need them. This doesn't include medical supplies, mechanics tools, or anything that falls under another ability, but does include anything useful for the situation.

Scuffling - You can hold your own in a hand-to-hand fight, whether you wish to knock out, restrain, evade or do worse to your opponent.

Sense Trouble - You can perceive potential hazards to yourself or others.

Shooting - You are adept at firearms.

Stability - Used to resist various mutant powers which affect the mind, and to stave off the effects of neurological or personality disorders.

Surveillance - You're good at following suspects without revealing your presence, including tailing, using telescopic equipment, finding vantage points, and hiding in plain sight.
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 12:23 AM

Subject: Investigative Abilities - if you have questions about any of them, just ask
ANAMORPHOLOGY: Can identify individual's mutant powers from a dna sample, detect the present stage of all defects, spot telltale signs of retracted mutant organs (gills, fangs, stingers, natural weaponry), tell when a subject is using a non-obvious mutant power and make an educated guess as to which.
ANTHROPOLOGY
ARCHAEOLOGY
ARCHITECTURE
ART HISTORY
BALLISTICS
BS DETECTOR: You can tell when people are lying or trying to cover something up. Sometimes you can also infer why they're doing so.
BUREAUCRACY
CHEMISTRY
COP TALK: You know how to speak the lingo of police officers and make them feel confident and relaxed in your presence.
CRYPTOGRAPHY: Expert in making and breaking codes
DATA RETRIEVAL
DOCUMENT ANALYSIS
ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE
ENERGY RESIDUE ANALYSIS: By studying debris and damaged objects found at a scene, you can tell what blast powers were used to damage it, or distinguish items damaged by mutant abilities from those damaged by more conventional sources.
EVIDENCE COLLECTION
EXPLOSIVE DEVICES
FINGERPRINTING
FLATTERY
FLIRTING
FORENSIC ACCOUNTING
FORENSIC ANTHROPOLOGY
FORENSIC ENTOMOLOGY
FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY
HISTORY
IMPERSONATE
INFLUENCE DETECTION: You have been trained in EMAT protocol, and can identify signs of mutant mind/emotion/body control powers being used (or recently used) on subjects. You must speak with them, making intense eye contact, using special keywords and observing unconscious responses.
INTERROGATION
INTIMIDATION
LANGUAGES
LAW
LINGUISTICS
NATURAL HISTORY
NEGOTIATION
OCCULT STUDIES
PHOTOGRAPHY
REASSURANCE
RESEARCH
STREETWISE
TEXTUAL ANALYSIS
TRIVIA
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 01:01 AM

Subject: INVESTIGATIVE POWERS (Power Name (description... if any) - related powers/DEFECTS
Translation (by listening to or reading 100 words/symbols, your mind automatically translates any language into one you know) – empathy

Observe Dreams - empathy, SCHIZOPHRENIA

Plant Communication (Plants have limited senses, but what they do know, they can convey to you... how recently someone passed, presence of toxins, etc)- Spread Pathogen, Plant Control

Analytic Taste - Secrete Acid, Venom (bite), Suppress Explosion

Touch - Phase, Reduce Temperature

Hearing - BLINDNESS, Olfactory Center

Olfactory Center (enhanced sense of smell) - Hearing, Tracking, Natural Weaponry, SPYING

Environmental Awareness (awareness of the environment, animals, etc, though keep in mind what you consider a threat... a man with a knife coming up behind you, for instance... might not register as dangerous to THEM on the radar to a family of birds in the tree above you) - Tracking, Command Mammals

X-Ray Vision - Light Control, Thermal Vision

Thermal Vision (allows you to see heat signatures in infrared) - X-ray Vision, SPYING

Spatial Awareness (Perfect understanding of distance and measurement on sight, calculating trajectories, intuiting precise movements at crime scenes, etc)- SPYING, Teleportation, Telekinesis, Earth Control

Microvision (Like having a microscope for eyes) - Night Vision, Telescopic Vision

Read Minds - CRUSH

Technopathy (you can mentally extract information from any machine that stores digital data) - Cognition, Technokinesis

Precognition (quick visions of the future) - Postcognition, Lightning Decisions

Postcognition (quick flashes of past events when you're in the location where they occurred) - Precognition, Precision Memory
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 01:38 AM

Subject: Mutant Powers (description, if any) - Linked Powers/DEFECTS
Empathy – translation, observe dreams, nondescript, endorphin control (others), sexual chemistry
Sexual Chemistry (everyone in the immediate area becomes attracted to you thanks to pheromones) – LOW IMPULSE CONTROL, empathy, addictive personality
Emotion control (you can alter the emotions of others) – LOW IMPULSE CONTROL
Induce Mental disorder – SCHIZOPHRENIA, endorphin control (others), induce aggression
Endorphin Control (others) – Induce mental disorder, empathy, ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY
Endorphin Control (self) – ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY, pain immunity
Pain Immunity – Endorphin control (self), disease immunity
Disease Immunity – Pain immunity, SEDS CARRIER, Fangs
Cure Disease – SEDS CARRIER, Spread Pathogen
Spread Pathogen (You can create a temporary contagious disease) – Cure disease, plant communication, Command Insects
Blood Spray (You can spit high pressure blood from distances) – Command Insects
Command Insects – Blood Spray, Spread Pathogen, Webbing, Possession, Extra Arms, Command Reptiles and Amphibians
Extra Arms (you sprout 2-6 extra arms) – Command Insects, Webbing
Possession (you control the bodies of others) – Command Insects, PLASMA DEFICIENCY
Fangs – PLASMA DEFICIENCY, Absorption, disease immunity, venom (bite)
Absorption (you absorb and use any single power of another person you touch. You can choose to prevent them from using that power, also)– Fangs
Venom (bite) – fangs, venom (stinger), analytic taste, secrete acid
Venom (Stinger) (You sprout a retractable, prehensile scorpion-esque tail stinger) – Venom (bite), venom (spit), webbing
Venom (spit) – Command Reptiles and Amphibians, venom (stinger)
Command Reptiles and Amphibians – PANIC DISORDER, Resist influence, venom (spit), Command insects
Induce Fear – PANIC DISORDER, Induce Aggression
Induce Aggression – Induce Fear, Induce Mental Disorder
Resist Influence (Mind control rarely works on you) – Command Reptiles and Amphibians
Webbing – Command Insects, Extra Arms, Venom (stinger), Wall Crawling
Wall Crawling – Webbing, Leaping, SCLERODERMA
Leaping – Wall Crawling
Entangling Hair – SCLERODERMA
Blade Immunity – Quills, Armor, Secrete Acid, SCLERODERMA
Quills – Blade Immunity
Armor – Blade Immunity
Secrete Acid – Blade Immunity, Spit Acid, Venom (bite), Analytic Taste
Spit Acid – Secrete Acid
Suppress Explosion (You can cause incipient explosions or combustions to fizzle) – DEPRESSION, Analytic Taste
Self-detonation (you can blow yourself up, and restore your body after a period of time... this still causes a lot of damage to the surrounding area) – DEPRESSION, Disintegration, Radiation Projection
Radiation Projection – self-detonation, transmutation, radiation immunity
Radiation Immunity – Radiation Projection, Toxin Immunity (Ingested)
Toxin Immunity (ingested) – Radiation Immunity, Fire Control, Regeneration
Fire Control – Toxin Immunity (ingested), TRANCE SUSCEPTIBLE, kinetic energy dispersal
Spontaneous Combustion – TRANCE SUSCEPTIBLE, fire immunity
Fire Immunity – Spontaneous combustion, fire projection
Fire Projection – Fire Immunity
Disintegration – Self-detonation, DISSOCIATION, transmutation
Transmutation – Disintegration, radiation projection, healing
Healing – MESSIAH COMPLEX, Transmutation
Phase – DISSOCIATION, touch
Reduce Temperature – Touch, Ice Blast, Cold Immunity
Cold Immunity – Reduce Temperature
Ice Blast – Reduce Temperature, Wind Control
Wind Control – Ice blast, Command Birds, ASTHMA
Command Birds – Wind Control
Deplete Oxygen – ASTHMA, Toxin Immunity (inhaled)
Toxin Immunity (inhaled) – Deplete Oxygen, Regeneration, Gills
Regeneration – MESSIAH COMPLEX, Strength, Alter Size, Toxin Immunity (ingested), Toxin Immunity (inhaled)
Gills – Toxin Immunity (inhaled), Sonar, Swimming
Swimming – Command Fish, Gills, Water Manipulation
Water Manipulation – Swimming, Water Blast
Water Blast – Water Manipulation
Sonar – Gills, BLINDNESS, Sonic Blast
Natural Weaponry (retractable claws, horn
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 01:42 AM

Subject: Powers (continued)
Command Mammals – Environmental Awareness
Sonic Blast – Sonar, Heat Blast
Heat Blast – Sonic Blast, Flight
Flight – Heat Blast, Strength
Strength – Flight, Alter Size, Limb Extension, Regeneration
Alter Size – Strength, Limb Extension, Regeneration
Limb Extension – Strength, Alter Size, ARTHRITIS, Kinetic Energy Dispersal
Kinetic Energy Dispersal – Limb Extension, Concussion Beam, High Energy Disperal, Light Blast, fire control
Concussion Beam – Kinetic Energy Dispersal
Light Blast – Kinetic Energy Dispersal, Light Control
Light Control – Light Blast, Invisibility, X-ray Vision
Invisibility – Light Control, MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER
Illusion – MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER
Alter Form – MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER, Impersonate, Duplication
Impersonate – Alter Form
Earth Control – Magnetism, Spatial Awareness, Burrowing
Burrowing – Earth Control
Magnetism – Earth Control
Telekinesis – Spatial Awareness, AUTISM
Teleportation – Spatial Awareness, Duplication
Duplication (you can clone yourself for a limited time) – Teleportation, Alter Form
Force Field – AUTISM
Night Vision – SPYING, Microvision
Telescopic Vision – Microvision
High Energy Dispersal – Kinetic Energy Dispersal, Lightning, Gravity Control, Reflexes
Lightning – High Energy Dispersal
Gravity Control – High Energy Dispersal
Reflexes – High Energy Dispersal, Speed
Speed – Reflexes, ADD
Lightning Decisions – ADD, Precognition, Cognition, Threat Calculus
Threat Calculus (You can immediately identify threats and how much damage they are likely to do, including blast powers) – Lightning Decisions, Psionic Blast, CRUSH
Psionic Blast – Threat Calculus
Cognition (You are a super genius) – Lightning Decisions, Technopathy, Precision Memory, Telepathy
Technokinesis (you control mechanical objects, mostly through electronic or computerized technology) – Technopathy
Precision Memory – Cognition, Postcognition, MEGALOMANIA
Memory Alteration – MEGALOMANIA
Telepathy – Cognition, Detect Influence
Detect Influence (You can tell when someone is under the influence of mental powers) – Suppress Influence, Telepathy
Suppress Influence (You can free others from the effects of mental powers) – Detect Influence
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 01:58 AM

Subject:
IF YOU HAVE ANY TWO POWERS LISTED AS LINKED TO THE DEFECT, THEN YOU HAVE THAT DEFECT AS WELL. BE SURE TO CHECK.

*Schizophrenia – Observe Dreams, Enter Dreams, Induce Mental Disorder

*Low impulse control – sexual chemistry, emotion control

*Addictive Personality – Endorphin Control (self), Sexual Chemistry, Endorphin Control (others)

*SEDS Carrier (SEDS, or Sudden Enhanced Death Syndrome, is a virus that can only affect mutants, spread by those with the carrier defect, which makes the carriers immune to the disease itself. If the infected (dormant) victim's health or stability reaches 0, there is a chance the virus will activate, causing the victim to die swiftly and horribly... no powers or treatment can cure it once begun. Incipient carriers have not begun to produce the disease, stage 1 have it in their blood, and stage 2 in their saliva. Knowingly communicating the disease in any way is immediate grounds for being fired from the force) – Disease Immunity, Cure disease

*Plasma Deficiency (Your body's ability to produce blood plasma might drop off, requiring you to either receive injections of plasma, or become a pseudo-vampire by drinking blood. This condition increases with each stage until you are hooked up to a life support machine to keep you alive) – Possession, Fangs

*Panic Disorder – Command Reptiles and Amphibians, Induce Fear

*Scleroderma – Wall Crawling, Entangling hair, blade immunity

*Depression – Suppress Explosion, Self-detonation

*Trance Susceptible – Fire Control, Spontaneous combustion

*Messiah Complex – Healing, Regeneration

*Dissociation – Disintegration, Phase

*Asthma – Wind Control, Deplete Oxygen

*Blindness – Sonar, Hearing

*Spying (you gradually cannot stop spying or watching others) – Olfactory Center, Night Vision, Spatial Awareness, Thermal Vision

*Arthritis – Natural Weaponry, Limb Extention

*Multiple Personality Disorder – Invisibility, Illusion, Alter Form

*Autism – Telekinesis, Force field

*Attention Deficit Disorder – Speed, Lightning Decisions

*Crush (You develop an unrequited crush on someone and gradually lose the ability to recognize that it is unrequited, and everything that attitude entails) – Threat Calculus, Read Minds

*Megalomania – Precision Memory, Memory Alteration
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 03:18 AM

Subject:
NAME: Adam, nickname "Hissyfit"
APPEARANCE: Adam has bleached blond hair, warm hazel-green eyes, a cute (and sparkling white) smile, and a slim, lanky swimmer's body. He also has a soul patch, both ears pierced, and stereotypically "gay" speech patterns that cause the other cops to shake their heads at Adam's obvious "swishiness." However, his manner can go from teasing to lethal in a second, and so he's given a wide berth. He has a tribal tattoo of a stylized mythical cockatrice wrapped around his right arm.
GENERAL ABILITIES: Athletics 25, Health 10, Stability 15, Scuffling 5, Infiltration 6 = Total of 61 (60 points plus 1 free point of Health).
INVESTIGATIVE ABILITIES: Anamorphology 6, Energy Residue Analysis 5, Flirting 6, Reassurance 4, Cop Talk 2 = Total of 23 (21 points plus 2 free points of Cop Talk. Notice that I took Anamorphology and Energy Residue Analysis to give Adam a benefit to his Absorption power, Flirting and Reassurance to deal with people and get close to them. I left Cop Talk at 2 because, though he went to police Academy, Adam is very much an outsider on the force)
MUTANT POWERS/DEFECTS: Venom (Stinger) 3, Venom (Spit) 1, Command Reptiles and Amphibians 3, Resist Influence 3, Venom Bite 1, Fangs 1, Absorption 7 = Total of 40 (4 for each of 7 powers = 28, plus 12 for the extra points in certain powers) (Note that while I came close to both Plasma Deficiency and Panic Disorder, I lack possession or induce fear/aggression, and therefore don't need a defect. REMEMBER DEFECTS ARE FREE)
STORY: Adam's father was a cop. His grandfather was a cop. His great-grandfather was a cop. All of them were rather confused and a little upset when Adam confessed to liking a certain boy in his class and considering becoming a clothing designer. His Italian-American mother and grandmother and great-grandmother despaired of having grandchildren. And Adam was miserable. Then, Adam's mutant abilities developed, and after becoming an adaptive venomous reptilian power-stealer, it changed something about the young man, making him more careful and thoughtful and studious... and turning his natural curiosity to dealing with other people (and other mutants, specifically). After all, he could kill or seriously injure people in five or six different ways, even if they were behind him or at a distance... he was dangerous, and if he couldn't get a grip on the things in his life that WERE under his control, how was he going to handle those that weren't? After going through family counseling with a sympathetic parish priest and a local LGBTA group, Adam became determined to protect other mutants, the gay community, and those people, like his family, who were outside both groups but still connected to them... in essence, everyone. He decided to make his family proud, by going to the police academy and since becoming acclaimed in hostage negotiation with a self-detonating mutant, he basks in his family's pride for their openly gay son, especially since he's made the rank of detective in the HCIU at such a young age! The rest of the police force is somewhat less than happy about the situation, however, as Adam's wry and playful attitude grates on the nerves of more traditional cops. His nickname comes from his powers as much as his demeanor.
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Jun 6, 2010 03:57 AM

Subject: Powers (got cut off)
Natural Weaponry (retractable claws, horns, blades, etc) – Olfactory Center, ARTHRITIS
Tracking – Olfactory Center, Environmental Awareness

Also, note that "Command Fish" also includes all water-breathing, non-mammal, non-reptile, non-amphibian sealife (including cephalopods, crustaceans, etc). Similarly, "Command Insects" includes Arachnids and Annelids.

The Alter Form power lets you morph and change your appearance. This is only within human limits. It can't grant any other powers you don't already possess (i.e. if you try to grow wings, you won't fly, if you try to grow claws or fangs, they won't do more damage than your usual nails or teeth, you can't elongate yourself or grow gills or armor or quills or turn invisible or regenerate damage). If you lack the impersonate power, you can't become identical to any other power, but you might be able to disguise yourself from a distance/bad lighting, etc

The Impersonate power lets you mimic the voice, posture, mannerisms, attitudes, etc. of another person. It is extremely convincing. That said, it doesn't actually physically change your body unless you also have the Alter Form power. You still need to rely on makeup, costumes, disguises, etc... you are just inhumanly good at them.

Using BOTH Alter Form and Impersonate allows you to copy voices perfectly, copy fingerprints, etc. Your dna remains the same, however, and can be detected via chemical/anamorphological analysis.

If you want to fly, you MUST link your powers to flight, even if you have to spend a bunch of 2 points to get there. Magnetism, Telekinesis, Gravity Control, Wind Control, Lightning, Light Control, Force Field, Sonic Blast, Heat Blast, Fire Control, Water Manipulation, Fire Projection, Command Birds and Command Insects WILL NOT allow you to fly unless you also have the Flight power. At best, Gravity Control will allow you to float in midair if you stand still.

Read Minds allows you to sift through the thoughts and memories of a person.

Telepathy is less invasive, and allows two or more people to communicate silently by projecting and receiving each other's surface thoughts.

Article 18 is a law that requires mutants with certain powers to register them as soon as they are aware of it. In most cases, that's it... many of these powers (Invisibility, Technopathy, Teleportation, Phase and Read Minds) are on the list because they scare the pants off counter-espionage officials. However, Radiation Projection, Self-Detonation, and Spread Pathogen are all on the list as well, and ANY USE OF THOSE THREE POWERS is a crime in and of itself, in addition to whatever damage they cause. There are motions to add other powers, notably Possession, to the list as well, but these motions are bogged down in committee. It is, however, possible to sue people for mental/emotional damages caused by various powers including non-consensual use of emotion control, illusion, induce aggression, induce fear, induce mental disorder, observe dreams, memory alteration (which sees a great deal of consensual use in therapy), nondescript, possession, read minds, sexual chemistry, and telepathy, though results have been mixed given some of the difficulties ascertaining intent and effect of those powers.

Breakdown:
60 points for General Abilities (plus 1 point of Health)
21 points for investigative abilities (plus 2 points of Cop Talk)
40 points of powers
- Pick your favorite power... start there.
- Regular powers cost 4 points to unlock
- Additional points in powers you know cost 1 each
- You can unlock a regular power linked to yours for 4 points
- Investigative Powers cost 1 each
- Skipping a power costs 2 points
- Defects are free
- Defects can't be skipped
Back to top Go down
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain
Administrator
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain

PostSubject: Re: Relics from past rpgs   Relics from past rpgs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Jargon and Lingo
Goobs - Taking inspiration from costumed hero comics, tv shows and movies, these mutants give themselves heroic nicknames, wear costumes, gather at conventions, and attempt to promote themselves in the media. Vigilante justice was popular early on, but became less so when these "heroes", the "villains" they were fighting and many innocent bystanders were hurt or killed by their laughable attempts at fighting crime. This prompted many goobs to turn to "outreach": dressing up and doing personal appearances, promoting product lines, etc. Like Star Trek fans prefer to be called Trekkers instead of "Trekkies", many goobs find "goob" offensive, and prefer to be called "Costumed Personalities," or "cospers" for short.

Straighteners regard all mutant powers, not just the defects, as diseases, which they hope to cure. They are divided into two philosophical camps... cleansers, who believe that this proposed cure should be forced on all mutants, and electivists, who espouse the hypothetical cure only for those who want it.

Expressivitists are mutants (and friendly non-mutant allies) who advocate full civil rights for the genetically altered. The mainstream mutant rights lobbying group is the Heightened Information Alliance (HIA), who prefer middle-of-the-road tactics that avoid making waves. They receive flack from the boisterous GAF (Genetic Action Front), who prefer non-violent civil disobedience.

Separatists are often confused with the GAF, though the two groups clash, as Separatists want to build an all-mutant state. Heliopolans wish to build a country in northern Somalia called Heliopolis, while the Continental Nation of Mutants wants all "Helixtowns" to be run entirely by mutant governments.

The Eighth Day Church is a mixed Christian movement believing that the SME was a revised act of creation, perhaps in preparation for some global calamity (major sects of the 8DC disagree on what this will be, though environmental meltdown and alien invasion are the two most prevalent ideas).

Strainers make an effort to intermarry only with other gene-expressives, in hopes of making a next generation of heightened children with even greater or more unusual powers. Thus far, no child of parents who were both mutants at time of conception has manifested any powers whatsoever, but they'd all be around 10 years old at the most, and mutant powers generally manifest at puberty. Anamorphologists see no solid evidence for the Strainers' claims, though.

Most mutants are apolitical, and prefer to live everyday lives, pursuing their own goals and agendas, defining their identities by their ties to other interests and communities (Democrats, Republicans, Scientologists, Seventh-Day Adventists, environmental activists, etc).

chrome - a term for mutants, possibly derived from "chromosome", considered a slur

DNA-Standard (DNAS) - Bureaucratic term for the 99% of the population without evident mutant powers.

dorphing - Getting a rush with the aid of a mutant with Endorphin Control (Others)

ERA - forensic/cop acronym for a forensic scientist trained in Energy Residue Analysis

Gene-Expressive - Bureaucratic/politically correct term for the heightened/mutants.

Gene-Neutral: " " term for those without mutations.

HIW: Heightened Inmates Wing, a section of the prison facility designed to hold mutant prisoners.

lixer: term for the heightened, used by non-mutants, referring to the DNA double helix. Considered a slur by fervent mutant rights activists, but otherwise considered either mildly impolite, or something you use yourself... it is entrenched in cop jargon, mutant and norms alike.

norm: term for non-mutants, frequently used by mutants. Anti-mutant bigots treat it as an outrageous insult.

PIC: Power Indentification Centrifuge testing, a DNA test that identifies which mutant abilities the sample donor possesses.

pure: term for the non-mutant population, preferred by some non-mutants.

Adam took a deep sip of his coffee through the perforated tab, hoping this ambrosia of the gods of morning would settle his nerves about this case. This morning's customer was laid out on the gray concrete of the pier. A dark puddle surrounded the body, and his clothes were soaked through; he'd been in the water. No signs of decomp, but given the near-freezing temperature of the river at this time of year, that didn't mean he hadn't been deceased for a good long while. The vic was Caucasian, late twenties or early thirties. Five feet eleven inches and slightly pudgy around the edges. Thinning dark hair, close-cropped goatee. Fully dressed, in a beige nylon shell jacket, dark jeans... forest green t-shirt (no logo), most likely from the GAP or some other purveyor of moderately expensive casual wear. White jogging sneakers, white tube socks. No watch, one gold wedding ring. The others had found a wallet in his pocket, with damp bills in it, so it wasn't a robbery, driver's license indicated his name was Mr. Stagg, and had an address. Wet stiffs were infuriatingly hard to find evidence for (and his knowledge of energy residue analysis didn't show anything... though if it was water control or water blast that killed him, they'd never be able to tell after he was dumped in the river). There was a purple mark on the periphery of Stagg's bald spot, but it was too modest for a death blow... maybe enough of a hit to the head to stun the guy. There was airway froth and sediment, indicating he'd drowned after being hit in the head. Downstream, another uniform had found a vinyl sports bag, with a cell phone, suit jacket, tie, dress shoes, dark socks, the morning's free subway paper, an unopened bag of potato chips, California rolls from Krober's, and a comic book in a mylar bag, packed with a sheet of white cardboard. Opening it, and flipping through the waterlogged pages, Adam noticed about the hero's appearance... and glanced at the drowned man's face. "Oh no..." he groaned. "He was a goob! And a high-profile one if he had his own comic... huh, Big-Time Comics". Then he glanced at the comic's title... the Fish... and groaned again. "Clearly, all the good names are trademarked." He then slid on a pair of latex gloves and ran his fingers along Stagg's neck, finding two flaps of skin, each about six centimeters long. Tugging them loose, he exposed the pink filaments inside. "How do you drown a man with gills?"

"Good point," Adam said with an appreciative nod to Ava. "Though it is a little different... flight is a muscle-based power, which needs to be consciously activated. Gills are a way of breathing, and are pretty reactive... like, as long as you try to hold your breath, you'll go unconscious and eventually start breathing again? Its the same thing... if you have gills and are underwater, you'll breathe whether you want to or not." He leaned forward to get a better look at the gills. "Ok, they're not damaged in any way... and no signs of energy powers... not burned, electrocuted, frozen, heat-damaged, irradiated, concussed, noticeably diseased or poisoned, light-singed, or attacked by animals or plants of any sort as far as I can tell. Gravity Control wouldn't be able to hold the flaps closed. Maybe possession to walk him into the water without using his gills? But if that were the case, why hit him on the head? A possessor could make it look like an accident or a jumper. And he'd still start breathing once he was close to death enough to slip from the possessor's spell. Since he's dead, we won't be able to tell if any psychic powers were used on him unless we get permission for an autopsy. I'll have to look up whether or not Oxygen Deprivation works on someone with gills, but it seems like they'd have trouble keeping it up once he sank into the water and out of sight. Force Fields always let in breathing air. No sign of soil for earth control. Maybe telekinesis, but I'd imagine it'd be tough to hold gills closed, again, especially once he began to sink. There's no marks on his neck, so nobody strangled him. Illusion might make him think he was safe on land, but why hit him in the head? That would interfere with the illusion. Psi blast and sonic blast wouldn't affect his breathing. No disintegration, and the water hasn't been transmuted into anything. Wind control doesn't work underwater. No quills or entangling hair or damage from either, nor any marks of claws or horns. No blood spray, thank God." Then, a thought occurred to him, and he shuddered. "I wonder, though... Absorption could prevent him from using his gills for a short period, until his powers returned... but the perp would have to grapple with Mr. Stagg here, and there's so signs of a tussle except for the bump on the head, which wouldn't allow you to absorb the power. The gills seem in working order, but it is as if they just were blocked by something that left no trace... or was washed away by the water eventually."

Adam texted Melanie the details and location, hoping she'd get there, and wondering what condition she'd be in after her undercover job. Responding to Rhea's question, he said, "The Fish, it seems, was hooked. Possibly a right hook, unless I've misread the bump on his head, which is possible... it is a bit high. Guy has a comic book, can apparently talk to fish and breathe underwater, but he drowned. No damage or interference with the gills as far as I can tell... whatever caused this had to block his gills completely, long enough to drown him, and then spontaneously vanish, because if there's no marks on the skin but it was tight enough to kill him, then it should be tight enough to stay on long enough to find it. I think the bump in the head is there to keep him from pulling whatever it was off... if he was dazed or unconscious, he couldn't remove it. Ava, a force field can't hold in air... it is supposed to be breathable, besides, most force fields are constructs... set in place, not set on a person. Also, gills are a power, not a defect... they basically make you amphibious, so he wouldn't naturally drown in air, and his airway shows signs of water drowning him. Also, Monty, smack MY butt, I dare you." With that, his stinger tail slid out of his spine, uncurled and flicked in the air above his head for a moment before retracting again. "It looks like our leads are to get his body to a lab, to inform his wife, and to check out the comic book company."
bmmnns

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 PM

Subject:
"Ready?" Adam his assembled team. He breathed in deep and lowered his shoulders, softening his stance for maximum reassurance. He didn't like this part of the job, but he was good at it. He gently rang the doorbell. A plump, pale woman, her dirty blond hair clinging to her shoulders in limp, unwashed curls, opened the door for them. She drew back, afraid, as if instinctively aware that the two drably clad people on the doorstep had come as bearers of bad news.
"Mrs. Stagg?" Adam asked. She nodded. She wore rose colored sweats, the top and bottom from slightly different outfits. "I'm Detective Morelli, and these are my partners. We're from the Heightened Crimes Investigation Unit. Can we come in?"
LATER...
Mrs. Stagg sobbed on a pastel floral print sofa. Adam handed her a tissue, while the others drifted discretely around the room. In the guise of admiring Mrs. Stagg's figurine collection, they were scoping the modest bungalow for plain-sight clues. Adam patted the widow on the shoulder. "Don't be afraid to let it out," he said. He'd have to check with the girls... they were better at BS detection, but he was pretty sure the shock and mourning were genuine. "For all his faults, he was a good person." The Fish's wife gasped in a racking gulp of air. "Maybe he talked a little big. Said yes to everyone, when he should have said no. Let people take advantage of him. But he didn't deserve this!" Adam took her hand and held it, applying just the right pressure. "No one does. Mrs. Stagg, it's our job to see that the person who did this, pays." "I told him this would happen," she said, blowing her nose. "But he wouldn't - couldn't - stop himself." "From what?" "Gambling," she sniffed. "Michael owned hundreds of thousands of dollars in collectible comics. We were going to buy a bigger place out on the island. Then he got hooked, and it all went through his fingers." "He owed people money?" "Michel would never tell me who, but if you have his cell phone, it's number 2 on his speed dial."
bmmnns

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:56 PM

Subject: OOC - feel free to jump in at any of the following scenes, and I will back up with a
Later...
The halls of Mr. Leone's building might have been scuzzy, but the interior was sure plush. Velvet upholstery. Oak furnishings. A wall of plasma screens displaying every ESPN channel, plus satellite feeds besides. Leone was thin, jumpy, in his late fifties, sporting a Platinum Rolex and thick loops of gold around his neck. He gestured at the detectives with nicotine stained fingers. "I let you in here as a courtesy, and also because you represented yourselves under somewhat false pretenses," he said. Microscopic spots of perspiration appeared along his upper lip. "I don't got to share no information with you, incriminating or otherwise." Adam deployed his best buddy-buddy smile. "No worries, sir, we're HCIU. Since when is a little sports book among our concerns?" Leone's face grew paler still. "HCIU, huh?" he seemed to be unhappily contemplating the various unearthly powers these cops he'd let into his apartment might be able to throw at him. "Nonetheless. Me and my clients, I tell them it's like priest-penitent confidentiality." Adam sighed. "Ladies and gentlemen, he's all yours."

OOC - Clues so far: 1. Stagg's gills seem undamaged, as if they simply didn't deploy when he went underwater, or as if they were blocked. 2. the Fish's comic book suggests our next stop is Big Time Comics. 3. Mrs. Stagg claims her husband gambled away a significant amount, and led us to Mr. Leone. 4. Leone knows how much Stagg owed, whether or not any of his "clients" would seriously want to get rid of Stagg, and what Stagg was working on, but he needs to be convinced, though not with any way that would leave evidence to mess up the case legally, that telling us what we want to know is a good idea... I'll act out Leone, but you guys can feel free to convince him however you please so long as it doesn't force us to arrest ourselves, so flirt, interrogate, threaten, negotiate, play with emotions, etc. 5. Leone's room is full of big screen tvs necessary for his job

Leone noticeably relaxed under the attention of the other detectives, and he said, "Alright, ladies, what do you all want to know?" Adam proceeded with "Stagg was into you how much?"
"Mid five figures."
"And how far is that from your whacking threshold, Joe?"
"Hey, I am a man of peace!"
"But I bet your investors aren't. You think we didn't ask around about you before we came here, Leone?"
The bookie tugged at his collar nervously.
"He was down a bunch, but he was still a good customer. Nobody was really, seriously looking to put a hit on him... it was all talk, if anything."
"How do you figure that?"
"He told me he had big money coming to him. Something to do with that nerd-bait he was involved with." Leone laughed. "Stagg, a mutant super-hero! What a joke. His biggest super power was missing the point spread every time."
"Nerd bait?"
"His comic book."
bmmnns

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 02:07 AM

Subject:
Big Time Comics hq was a warren of offices, smelling of copier toner, decorated with posters of ladies in unlikely outfits. Mr. Brueggen sat wedged behind a pressboard desk. Plastic figures of monsters and heroes crowded his workspace. "Just another second," he said, holding up a stubby finger. Another image of an amazon appeared on the black t-shirt draping his ample frame, dodging splatters of dried mustard. The editor of the Fish sported a bushy beard and an idiosyncratic mullet/pompadour combo. Narrow eyes squinted behind oversized gold-framed aviator glasses. Brueggen sent another scathing email to one of the no-talent writers and then tucked into his Italian sub. "All right," he said, talking through his food. "You can now speak, without derailing my thought train."
Adam sighed. "What's going to happen to Mr. Stagg's comic, now that he's been murdered?" Brueggen paused, mid-chew. "My first impulse is to say the same as if he'd lived: it's headed for cancellation. But if you made a big enough deal of this in the press, maybe the publicity will invigorate sales." He stopped to think. "Hmmm, yeah. If this plays out right, we could maybe bring in some big names to reboot his character." Adam shook his head. "You'd keep it going, now that he's dead?" Brueggen shrugged. "I dunno, ask the publisher. But the book will sure be easier to do without imput from the protagonist."
"You didn't care for Mr. Stagg?"
"He was a pain in the... hey, don't get the wrong idea. This is comics. Everyone is an ego-crazed malcontent. If I started killing on that account, I'd be knee-deep in human remains."
"Mr. Stagg's comic wasn't selling well?"
"The trend's bottomed out."
"What trend?"
"Real life mutants. No one wants to read about them anymore. They're boring! They don't do anything. Not like the classic characters - they put on their costumes and save the world and go into space. What do these real life freaks do? They mow the lawn. Continue their exciting career in accountancy. When they put on costumes, it's to do a personal appearance. People want the real super-powered heroes back... the imaginary ones."
Adam bit his tongue at the "freaks" comment, and continued. "So, if he said he had serious money coming to him from a comic book deal, he was not being truthful?"
"More likely he was being lied to." The editor looked down the hallway and lowered his voice. "By our moron publisher, who likes everything about comic books except the comic book part. Probably leading Stagg on, just to keep him from signing on with JAM comics. Like they'd take him. The Fish? All he does is swim and order mackerel around. Stagg was going nowhere. Before he got his gills he was a fanboy. He was always siccing his loser friends on me. Every one of them wanting to write for Big Time."
"Which friends?"
"Most recently, this total mouth-breather, Guthrie. Wanted to write his own book, featuring himself as “Kid Arachnid”. Worst script I ever read, and that's saying something! Compared to him, the Fish is genius!" Adam inhaled sharply at the title, but continued. "And you let Mr. Guthrie down gently, when you rejected him?"
Brueggen stared at him uncomprehendingly. "Comics is a tough business.”
"You don't still have a copy of that script around, do you?"
Brueggen cogitated. "Well, I might be able to undelete the file."
bmmnns

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 02:28 AM

Subject:
As they left Big Time Comics, the Kid Arachnid script in hand, Adam turned to the others and said, "I know how you drown a guy with gills." He held up the script. "Brueggen, for all that he is a thoroughly disgusting human being in every sense of the word, has no reason to lie, and he said that this Guthrie guy wrote this story about himself. And then Brueggen tore him apart. And who sent his treasured script, that he'd devoted his life to sharing with people, to Brueggen? Stagg. If I'm right, Guthrie didn't need force fields or possession or absorption to drown Stagg. He just had to hit him over the head, knocking Stagg out, and then use his powers to seal Stagg's gills shut. His WEBBING powers. If he was K.O.ed, Stagg wouldn't come to his senses in time to pull the webbing off, and Guthrie could dump him in the river. Webbing is strong enough to support human bodies when first fired, but even in air, it tends to grow fragile between a few minutes and a half-hour, and then melts. In river water? It would last just long enough to drown the guy, and then dissolve, and we'd have no evidence." He paused. "Except we do have clues. Mrs. Stagg can probably tell us more about Guthrie... and if we can get you expert interrogators to question Guthrie, we might get a few more hints... and then we'll just need to prove that he's a webslinger and see if we can trick him into fessing up. Are we up for it, guys and gals?"

"Thanks ladies," said Adam, grinning maliciously at Monty. "So, Monty, buddy ole' pal. Is it time for our weekly fight again? For a change of pace, why don't we try mud wrestling this time? I'm sure the girls here would love to watch," he said with a wink at them. "And seriously, guy, I can smell you over here... and I was the one who had his nostrils burned out by forced proximity to the Comic Book Ogre back there. Take a page from the vic," and here he tossed a spare page of comic book script at Monty. "... and go wash off in the river. You couldn't smell worse if you did, at least."
bmmnns

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 04:22 AM

Subject:
Guthrie was trying to seem composed but couldn't stop working his spidery fingers. His fingertips danced across the metal surface of the interrogation room table. Guthrie was a slight, stooped man, his hair flecked with gray. His clothing echoed what Stagg had been wearing on his last, fatal swim: a worn, drab windbreaker, t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. Lieutenant Stapleton and the latest hire from the district attorney's office were camped along with most of the other officers, Adam included, behind the one way mirror, while the heavy duty interrogators went to work on Guthrie, who was about two fluttering heartbeats from asking to leave or lawyering up. Since they had nothing to hold him on, they'd have to try to buddy-up to him and hope it stuck. The only interesting details that had come up, at least as far as Adam was concerned, was that Guthrie had been the one who introduced Stagg to comic books way back in high school, and Guthrie had been the one to encourage Stagg to market himself to Big Time Comics after he got his powers. Adam glanced down at his photocopy of the Kid Arachnid script, which Brueggen had written in blood red across the top "PAINFULLY DERIVATIVE. TRITE. A WASTE OF THE READER'S TIME. SHOWS A COMPLETE IGNORANCE OF THE COMICS MEDIUM"

OOC - You guys can act out Guthrie... he's nervous, but sticking to his story. This case can end here, if you get him to spill (or prove that he's a webshooter), or better yet, confess. Or, it can continue, and we'll have to find some other way of wringing it out of him. Either way, this case will probably end soon, and we'll move on to another one. I've got a few ideas lined up, or you guys can come up with a case for us.

Adam sighed. "This is going to take some careful handling... maybe a squad night out or something," he mused. Taking inspiration from Monty, Adam entered the room and greeted Guthrie. "Listen, I realize it's kinda intimidating in here," he said, "and I'm sorry if my partners have rattled you a bit."
"No, no, it's ok," Guthrie mumbled.
"Some of them are kinda the cold shoulder type. Except when they're suddenly flipping out on you. I keep hoping for a reassignment, but you know. Quotas."
Behind the glass, the new prosecutor wrinkled her pert nose in sisterly offense - until she saw Adam's discrete wink at the window. Guthrie directed a frightened glance at the door, as if imagining the return of one of the girls' return. "And what do they, you know... do?" Adam grimaced. "Oh, all kinds of stuff... very scary. Don't worry, I'll keep them away and leave you with Luna here - but I need you to throw me a bone, ok? I gotta admit, we're kinda stuck here. What would Stagg be doing down near the river? That was a long was from his house. Closer to your apartment though, right?"
"Uh, yeah, I guess."
"So the two of you didn't hang out there together some afternoons? Get fries from your favorite truck?"
"Sometimes... but not recently."
Adam lowered his voice. "I know you're just doing this out of nervousness and you don't mean anything by it, but you're introducing a contradiction of the closed-circuit TV footage we have of you two near the pier," Adam lied. "It looks worse for you if you don't admit it."
"I saw him there that day but I would never do anything to..."
"Of course not! You were his oldest friend, right? And after he got powers, you were the one who convinced him to market himself to Big Time Comics. Must've sucked. The two of you, comics fans since you were kids and it's him who gets the powers. Not you."
Guthrie twitched. "Thems the genetic breaks, I guess."
Adam let a pause hang in the air.
"Besides," Guthrie said, "all he got were water powers. Water heroes are always the lamest."
Adam reached for the script. "Not like the hero of this comic book. He had spider powers. Otherwise he was a lot like you... shy, retiring type, who never gets the girl."
"No, no, the character in that script is totally fictional. And anyway, it totally sucks. Who gave you this?"
"Carl Brueggen, from Big Time Comics. The guy who called this script... let's see, what did he say? "PAINFULLY DERIVATIVE. TRITE. A WASTE OF THE READER'S TIME. SHOWS A COMPLETE IGNORANCE OF THE COMICS MEDIUM" That must've hurt."
"Kinda..."
"Your one shot at writing comics. Your lifelong dream. And of all the editors at the comic book company Mike could have put you onto, he forwards your script to Carl Brueggen." Guthrie was trembling.
"You didn't blame Brueggen for your humiliation. Brueggen is who he is. You blamed Mike, who should have known he was sending your dreams straight to the shredder. After you'd spent years begging him to put in a word for you. It was the final straw. So you slugged him and tossed him in the drink."
Stan shook his head, like a terrier in need of a rat. "Even if I did it, which I didn't, Stagg could breathe underwater."
On the other side of the glass, Lieutenant Stapleton murmured, "He's our guy... and I like him for it, too." The assistant D.A. crossed her arms and said "Then get me some evidence."
bmmnns

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 09:57 PM

Subject: The BIG FINALE...
Mr. Guthrie ran down rain slicked sidewalks. It was the middle of the night, and he was blocks away from his apartment. He never should have stepped foot outside his door, but he needed to clear his head. He'd been pacing like a rat in there. Now they were following him... the crazy cops with powers. He came to a paved lot, fenced off in anticipation of a new building. There was a break in the chain link, so he ducked on through, then pressed himself against the wall of the adjoining condominium complex. Panting shallowly, hoping his breath wouldn't give him away, he made himself still. Detective Morelli stopped halfway down the fence. Catching a glimpse of Guthrie through the hole in the fence, he clambered through the broken chain link. Stan tried to bolt, but came up against another wall. "Is there a problem here, sir," asked Adam, shining his flashlight in Guthrie's face. "You know it's me!" Guthrie cried. "You leave me alone. This is harassment!"
"Just keeping a friendly eye on Stagg's friends, Guthrie. There's a murderer out there. You never know who he's gonna hit next."
"You think I'm stupid!"
Adam drew closer. "No, Stan, I think you're smart. You figured out how to drown a man with gills. And you're going to get away with it. How do you think that makes me feel?"
"This is just a job to you. Why should you care?"
"I had to tell Mrs. Stagg that her husband was dead. I sat on the couch with her as she sobbed."
"Don't come any closer!"
Adam grinned... and his fangs slid down into full view... not long and curved, like a cobra's. Guthrie screamed, loosing a stream of ropy material from his forearms. It flew onto Adam like a cocoon, gluing him in place, but not before Adam managed to grab Guthrie's ankle for a moment, before the web-shooter broke away, leaving the detective glued to the ground. "I warned you to get back!" Guthrie yowled, before leaping into the air and began climbing up the wall with a spider's grace.

IC - Adam wiggled, totally caught by the web. The backup from the rest of the squad, all of them assigned to tail Stan, didn't seem to be coming. He did have one possible option, but he'd have to be careful... one false move could seriously hurt him. He took a deep breath, and relaxed his whole body... and then felt the telltale sliding sensation that signaled his stinger emerging from the base of his spine. Its sharp edge slid and caught in the webbing... then, with painstaking carefulness, he twitched the stinger to cut through some of the strands. It was slow going, and Guthrie was getting away, but that's why he'd made certain he didn't come down here alone. The others would catch Stan, and it was just his job to catch up with them. Luckily, the moment he'd grabbed Stan's ankle, he'd gained the ability to do so. Freeing himself, and carefully stashing some of the cut webbing in a small sample jar he'd brought along for the purposes of proving Guthrie was a webslinger, he stood up, brushed himself off, and placed his hands... and then his feet... on the wall, moving up it with a swift (if somewhat nerve-wracking) motion. He'd absorbed Guthrie's wall-climbing power, but he'd have to be careful, because there was no telling when it might fade.

Catching up to them, Adam high fived the girls. "Actually, I think we're done for the night... but did someone suggest a bowling night? I am up for that. Maybe not quite as fun as hitting the clubs, but I think tonight is Leather Night at my favorite place for dancing, so I was just going to play solitaire all evening anyway."

Adam grinned at his squad-mates. "Ok, then, last one to the bowling alley has paperwork duty tomorrow!" and rushed to his car to make good on his bet.

OOC - Sorry for the absurdly short post... I have to head to dinner. Will post more later.
bmmnns

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:29 PM

Subject:
"Clunk, clunk, clunk"

Adam sighed and trudged dejectedly back to his seat. "Gutterball... I might have had better luck with the whips and collars at the club tonight." He then looked at the others. "So, guys, from a purely selfish point of view, I'm gonna need you all on the squad. You're talented, hardworking, capable, and powerful, and since I'm an absorber, I depend on you guys being nearby in case I need to borrow some versatility. Granted, I don't depend on it completely," and here he made a show of extending and then retracting his fangs as he smiled. "But I do depend on you. So, any ideas how we can keep from causing each other to storm out in the middle of an investigation? You know, since guys like Guthrie would've loved it if we weren't paying attention to his little games."
bmmnns

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 03:41 AM

Subject:
OOC - Oh, wow, I just remembered! We completed a case, which means...
WE GAIN EXPERIENCE POINTS!
For those who are interested, you may place an additional 10 points of your choosing in General Abilities, 10 points in Investigative Abilities, and 10 points in Powers/Defects. Want more health or stability? Feel free! Want to bump up your flirting abilities to staggering levels? Do it! Want to give yourself a new skill? All yours! Want to bump up your measly Cop Talk? Go for it! Want to mutate a new power, or charge up an old one? Have at it! This is a reward for sticking with it and making the game fun for others, and we'll do something similar after each case (if we last that long).

I bumped up Adam's Health (5) and Stability (3) and Scuffling (2) general abilities, because being caught in the webbing prompted Adam to become tougher and a better fighter. I then added 5 points in Occult Studies and 5 in intimidation, because Adam picked up a little bit of supernatural research while investigating Big Time Comics and practiced his intimidation skills in most of the interviews and his final confrontation with Guthrie. I then added another point to Venom (Spit), a new power (Command Insects), which took four points to unlock plus one to make it Command Insects 2, an extra point in Resist Influence, and 3 points to Absorption (after practicing by absorbing Guthrie's wall crawling power). The command insects power will manifest (to the characters' surprise) during our bowling evening. No new defects (though if go for Possession I'll have to get plasma deficiency, so I'll pass on that one).

NAME: Adam, nickname "Hissyfit"
GENERAL ABILITIES: Athletics 25, Health 15, Stability 18, Scuffling 7, Infiltration 6

INVESTIGATIVE ABILITIES: Anamorphology 6, Occult Studies 5, Intimidation 5, Energy Residue Analysis 5, Negotiation 6, Reassurance 4, Cop Talk 2

MUTANT POWERS/DEFECTS: Venom (Stinger) 3, Venom (Spit) 2, Command Reptiles and Amphibians 3, Command insects 2, Resist Influence 4, Venom Bite 1, Fangs 1, Absorption 10
Back to top Go down
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain
Administrator
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain

PostSubject: Re: Relics from past rpgs   Relics from past rpgs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:34 am

bmmnns

Like Woah

Fairyworld: notes on upcoming ideas

Fortuna
Terra
Nereus
Aeolus
Ether
Pyrona

BEASTS
Wolf - Regeneration, Scent, claws
Cat - Nightvision, Grace, claws
Swan - Swim, Fly, Grace
Nitingale - Fly, Allure, Tiny
Bear - Strength, Claws, Climb
Mouse - Tiny, Scent, Climb
Boar - Strength, Tusks, Eat
Drake - Flight, Firebreath, Huge
Rukh - Flight, Huge, Claws
Feng - Flight, Regeneration, Firetouch
Licorne - Heal, Vanish, Horn
Gryphyn - Flight, Claws, Sight
Montigyr - Claws, Poison, Spikes
Basilisk - Poison, Firetouch, Petrify
Serpent - Poison, Waterbreath, Regeneration

FOLK
Merro (Water)- Waterbreath, Allure, Swim, Echosense
Fee (Luck)- Magical, Flight,
Gnom (Luck) - Short, Skilled, Burrow
Pixie (Air) - Speed, Tiny, Leap
Jiant (Earth) - Strength, Huge, Resilience
Wose (Earth) - Camouflage, Elongate, Climb, Allure
Daimon (Fire) - Terror, horns, agile,
Svarta (Spirit) - Magical, Claws, Strength, Eat
Trell (Water) - Eat, Claws, Camouflage, Regeneration
Afrit (Fire) - Teleport, Firetouch, Magical, Allure

Noble (Spirit)-
Merchant (Water)-
Peasant (Earth)-
Clergy (Air)-
Soldier (Fire)-
Rogue (Luck) -

Ok, awhile back, some friends built their own site with different RPGs. Michelle probably remembers these. I was thinking about restoring some of them, while brushing them up to get rid of some of the kinks and a lot of the extraneous writing that just served for detail. Examples I am thinking of using include...

Wings - The Solarians all have wings, but everyone's wings are different, and wings can be made of any material or style. The Lunarii are werecreatures. The Abyssanium are amphibious half-human (satyr, mermaid, naga, centaur, siren, harpy, minotaur) teleporters who normally exist in a fluid extradimensional ocean. The Astarese are living golems made of different precious metals and gems, each powered by a star in their cores. And the Sidereals are various types of undead (Liches, Vampires, Mummies, Ghouls, Skeletons, Wraiths) associated with one of the Roman gods and planets. And so forth.

Pixie Hybrids - What do you do when you are less than a foot tall, androgynous, spray pixie dust everywhere, and the only sense you have is a sense of fun?

Genii Loci - Dryads, Nereids, Fossergrims, Leshiys, Naiads, Djinn, Sylphs, Oreads, and many others have lived in a secluded grove city hidden from the modern world... but their home is about to be discovered by loggers... and if the trees, seawater, waterfalls, forests, freshwaters, objects/flames, winds, caves, and other things these people are mystically linked to are destroyed or corrupted, their Genius Loci (Latin for "spirit of a place") is similarly affected.

Wildguard - In a world with lots of superheroes, few get the chance to really make a difference... or pursue fame. However, it has been announced by reliable sources that a new team is being formed... trained by former superhero Dandelion, with connections by the formidable Cordelia Haartman, who helped "Four: Superhero, Supermodel, Superstar" reach her level of fame, and a mysterious "Producer X" to lead the team, they will be accompanied by special high-tech camera-bots at all times, to provide a "Real-World" look into the world of Superheroes. But first, the producers and America must vote for the few members of the team who will make the cut, and hundreds of superheroes are trying out.

The Shapeshifters of Gaia - The Werewolves are Gaia's Warriors. The Weresharks are the guardians of the deep. The werelizards are the memory of Gaia. The Wereravens are the daytime messengers. The werecats are the secret-keepers. The werecoyotes are the tricksters and teachers. The werefoxes are the thieves and questers. The werebears are the healers. The weresnakes are the judges and lawmakers. The wererats are the guardians of humanity. The werespiders are the preservers of the balance. The wereseals are the artists and dreamers and guardians of the shallows. The wereoxen are the matchmakers and cultivators of the land. The werebats are Gaia's voice and the nighttime messengers. The wereboars are the cleaners of the land. The wereeagles are the generals and protectors of the sun and the sky. The weredeer/goats are the thinkers and philosophers. The wereinsects are the builders and makers. The werehorses are the workers. The weremonkeys are the speakers and community. The werewhales/dolphins are the musicians and romantics. The Wereoctopi/squid are the adapters and manipulators. The wereturtles/tortoises are the protectors and retrievers. And the wererabbits are the hiders and guardians of treasures and mysteries. But with all of these, and the blessings of the sun, the moon, and Gaia, the earth, will they be able to oppose the corruption of the force of Order (the Weaver), the wounded force of Chaos (the Wyld), and the insanity of the force of balance (the Wyrm)?

#

bmmnns

Distracted

Ideas... tell me what you think

Noble Causes: Based on the comic book of the same name, this rpg follows the world's most famous family of superheroes. Players design characters to fill different places in the family (everything... grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, children, in-laws, and alternate-reality relatives, clones, etc) and they all fill different celebrity roles as well (grandparents being honored WWII veterans who fought with the allies or advanced science exponentially, modern day crazy-kid celebs, and mysterious members of the family who are tracked down by tabloids).

Sea of Fallen Stars: The Sea of Fallen Stars is home to many mysteries, and its depths contain whole cities, tribes, and magics long forgotten on the surface. While sailors, pirates, corsairs, swashbucklers, medieval navies and Vikings ply the waves, the REAL action is going on down below... where Tritons, Merfolk, Selkies, Sea Elves, Locathah, Sirens, Nereids, Nagas, and the like in their realm of Seros, as they wage war against the Sahuagin, Ixitxachitl, Merrow, Scrags, Morkoth, and the Drowned.

The Orpheus Alliance: A secret agency consisting of various psychic-powered humans and the ghosts, monsters, and undead that are all that stand between humanity and conquest by the forces of the dead.

Spellforce : A Superhero rpg... where all of the superheroes gain their powers from some magical source. Examples include mystic training and meditation, spellbooks, magic wands/staffs, being some magical race, or a human/magical race hybrid, blessed by a god, undead, cursed/enchanted, bearing magic sword/ring/medallion, descended from a long line of witches, etc.

The Covenwar : All of the Wise rely on magic, but their magic comes from different sources. The Enchanters/Enchantresses are linked to fairies and are skilled at illusions, luck, and natural magic. The Shamans draw on natural totems and spirits, and a good at sensing the unseen and protecting, healing, etc. The Theurgists are priests and sisters with divinely-granted magic that can banish dark forces or work miracles. The Necromancers draw power from the force of Life and the souls of the Dead. The Sorcerers command demons to do their bidding. And the Alchemists unlock the fundamental secrets of matter through their scientific magic. But what happens if all of the different orders are brought to the brink of war, and only a coven of all different types of magic will be able to stand in their way?

Posted: 07/09/2007 09:27 PM Comments(4)

» Delete This» Edit This
#

bmmnns

DeadSerious

The TEMPEST

I can accept that you might not want to join my X-men: DeciMation rpg. It is not for everyone, I suppose, though I think it is better than infinite x-men movie imitations.

However...
... if you do not immediately look at my Tempest roleplaying game I think you are downright insane. Combining elements of William Shakespeare's last "unfinished" play, popular fantasy, real-world setting references, the alchemical theory of the four elements, and angelic lore,you really cannot afford to miss out on it. Not if you consider yourself an RPGer.

bmmnns

Mushy

Possible Upcoming Story Ideas

Tentatively called "Amagica", it details a modern world with an alternate history, where a number of mythological creatures and spellcasters fled Europe and Asia and sailed to the New World during the Dark Ages. Because of this, the settling of the Americas was significantly altered, and even then, when the colonies rebelled, the United States became a powerful force of both science and magic, with humans becoming a minority (in fact, within one generation European imigrants become human-looking spellcaster races like anagakoks, necromancers, geomancers, etc). Meanwhile, dragons and unicorns and extinct species roam free, and fairies, merfolk, goblins, giants, and other such creatures are in charge. Our characters will be college students at a prestigious university.

Based on the comic book, Fables, another rpg will star a number of immortal fairy tale characters trying to live out their lives in high school. But what happens when a powerful force tries to get them to repeat their tales... will they be split into arbitrary groups of "good" and "evil" and will their endings be the same... much less "happily ever after"?

Another rpg idea takes place in the Old West... but one in which the local native american tribes are all elves, tall tales are real, and all of the best cowboys use at least a little magic.

hotguy900

Sleepy

Lucretia23

Distracted

MomoHIna

Tickled Pink

OnlyHope23

Annoyed

Duvet02

Unappreciated

SRHgirl

Friendly

picplayer1

Pissed

gabrox12

Messy

haliesbff

Ill

Davean

Random

Nekro24

Out of it

DarkJewel9

Fed Up

Bonegirlll

Random

AMan213

Meh

glo21

Tickled Pink

VeiledSoul

Sleepy

Melina123

Blah

nkcgal

Comfy

xkatie123

Hopeful

oxymoronic

Freaked out

LilyPad881

Bitter

lover4ev12

Relieved

XxmiljaxX

Crazed

nutter5

Optimistic

JenNxJamZ

Fed Up

nycbabe88

Ditzy

icegrl4

Like Woah

venusmoon

Tickled Pink

TheKelster

Annoyed

ZombieMA

Awesome

BeBeme

On Fire

Urch

On Fire

iStephanie

Optimistic

TheSlowOne

Lonely

Scene55555

Awesome

trixYO

OMG

Scene55555

Awesome

trixYO

OMG

jnco

Hopeful

4awsome4

Emo

turtles191

On Fire

LuckyU7

Fine

MeganLeigh

Nerdy

ForEverEva

Bitchy

kitty7

Psycho

fR35HH

BROOKEEX32

Stressed

Final

Cool

quan57

In Love

DarcyDude9

Bored

iArborRose

Annoyed

ICandyGrl

Confused

Racheld896

Moody

lola4one

Hyper

luvinya

Lonely

BEAST934

Undead

BendaBabe

Distracted

kakaann02

Unappreciated

LaserSpurt

Aggro

AliciaBadd

Awesome

shaye678

Bored

2SelenaFan

RawrAshlee

Sleepy

spencer20

Fabulous

grmn12

Meh

hlj12

Bored

Questioned

Awkward

JakeKid18

shadyboo1

Hopeful

jbop303

Like Woah

aliah2009

In Love

firelily13

Fabulous

LezLuvrgrl

Chillin

jess362

Sweet

kissfall44

Happy

hunnz4evrr

Awesome

NeonMisery

emmy122

In Love

pachicka

Chillin

egbert13

Lonely

ATTACKzach

Robotic

yogadoll55

Chillin

Goddess687

Smelly

Oppsiluvu

Pissed

Lucretia20

Distracted

TraggyPwns

@Mary

Blah

EliGirl28

Sweet

tptplayer1

Overstimulated

thesmile1

w00t!

neonluv23

Sleepy

vcg412

Happy

deedrs18

In Love

MryPoppns

R3N3K3

Hot

Ill

EliLoverz

In Love

Steph934

Flirty

hotgurl64

Chillin

DComics

Chillin

ilikesquid

Lonely

xXheart8Xx

Optimistic

92slayer07

Emo

mtgirl97

Flirty

MrsBloom29

Stressed

TraceeFace

Hopeful

Sparrow33

Tingly

quandra90

Bored

0hollister

Bitchy

HoopsGirl2

Sweet

starz9336

Distracted

Rockichic4

Blah

aryn416

saaamx3

Intrigued

IAshley234

Flirty

marcosfav5

OMG

VeggieFish

Naughty

Mavruck

Chillin

kisha4929

Tingly

lipkissez

Friendly

AveeVanity

Friendly

TheRevenge

Like Woah

Pink2Kitty

Random

static101

Sweet

DinDaaDaa

Undead

TheCthulhu

Chillin

ROXY963

Scared

ZomBreee

shay15baby

Like Woah

dixierain4

newlilweb

Hot

cutegirlzk

In Love

EyeSeeYou

Flirty

kewlsome21

Awesome

perezgurl

Hopeful

OhDemi

Blah

shanaynayz

Meh

treetears

Annoyed

corl123

Hyper

wolverien6

Bummed

starclover

Meh

didi015

Random

PCDboy

Like Woah

jayboy800

Naughty

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > >>

Klassic21

Like Woah

noodlles13

Ditzy

bdasschick

Naughty

koolgurl71

Lonely

Beastboy77

Optimistic

jaaybaaay

candygherl

OMG

yell3ing

Blah

monkeyone

Flirty

wongfoo21

Random

dtg4L14

Hopeful

kev77

Bummed

WayShane

Fine

macloven

Nerdy

lanai81

Out of it

mayrra

w00t!

maybelove1

Awesome

SunnyBuns

Flirty

DirtChick4

On Fire

Laira647

Bored

Jordypoo1

Hot

11vicky11

Friendly

cuttie213

Out of it

queenrockr

Optimistic

glanterndc

Awesome

jazzy108

Friendly

tiggerdot2

Bored

batcat

Out of it

coolpurple

Flirty

KatieBG

Undone

ANewFlame

Unappreciated

BlingLing1

Nerdy

teetee434

Naughty

scoti2hoti

w00t!

sccrdude16

shadowpupt

Confused

ballarie

Like Woah

pups3

Like Woah

ToryM14

In Love

SweetBlair

pinker113

javrocker

w00t!

Tysaursrex

Chillin

xgivinginx

Awesome

bluespade

Out of it

Drachugon

Comfy

Selene0228

Confused

MaxiiBoi17

Naughty

grit

Robotic

LoveDoviee

Ditzy

Diamond4L

Fine

GluEnStik

Bitter

SurferJJ47

In Love

TayMayToes

Bored

4evalee

Like Woah

champtime

Sleepy

UrielElOsO

DeadSerious

DEZCUTIE12

Awesome

Bokuangel

TickledPink

zaysruby08

Sleepy

hotpnk2500

Angelfrost

Hot

Hermione47

StarTreker

Sleepy

LMD13

Happy

foxy14

Annoyed

kktm13

Flirty

loudmouth7

Lonely

mattt1000

Confused

musicbrain

Sleepy

kwilly22

Robotic

WriteXxNow

Blah

jesssiee

ciarraboo

Like Woah

Cheary

Out of it

lucky1411j

Confused

PurpleShxt

Hannah6512

Hyper

evilslinky

OMG

LeeksRYum

emobunny32

Emo

herald

Distracted

unterria10

In Love

spinner101

Sweet

poisonbaby

Robotic

YuriHime

Proud

16dreamz

Like Woah

timdaland

Meh

Eternity95

Random

TheNMuggle

Shy

CourtCuti1

Like Woah

indiedoll

Like Woah

Spookgirl2

Nerdy

Ghost7

Emo

kekesweet1

Random

xxSkulls13

In Love

ari3000

Like Woah

JonSnow

Procrastinating

jobrofan23

Meh

emogirl175

In Love

NYFashngrl

Random

CandyGrl77

Shy

justange

Fine

sisi922

Misunderstood

kathy09

Friendly

decode123

Random

MuhJade

Like Woah

FiveNights

goGILMORE

In Love

atihwecila

Awesome

Ierogirl

Ditzy

TheBrody18

Friendly

cow52

Hot

1hannahny

Hungry

BoomItsNat

Blah

Mirai37

Bummed

YepItsJess

Bitter

terpfan890

jenna4ever

miniy2j

Lonely

Xero09

Hungry

nit09

Tingly

BandieKat

Undead

PNFnemisis

Undead

benntot

Fabulous

agerman

Procrastinating

jazminemar

Emo

bitersweet

Sleepy

serena667

Excited

kitten148

Bored

efabulous1

Bitchy

dehave

Tough

dhood8705

Relieved

fly713

Blah

ryguy21

Flirty

dsbo

Confused

kapow123

Random

MzKittyCat

Awkward

essences13

Flirty

themaefire

Ill

fAkefr0wN9

collinBBY

siklilmoo7

Ditzy

NanaBoo6

Random

SierraEdge

Out of it

77mph

Stressed

hellabrit

Chillin

JudeNTommy

w00t!

xDitzyx

Friendly

avrilnskye

Chillin

singer105

Moody

BluBerri12

Nerdy

LuvsMusic3

Unappreciated

Jenhifer

Cool

swetipie1

Naughty

TDelprete

Naughty

basssbabe

Invincible

phonedead

Random

optimus925

Undead

Pixiefied

Bummed

minidrama

Blah

kmmmbm09

Mopey

FOXXYHOT

Tingly

melody276

Freaked out

CamoPirate

Flirty

theBG

Nerdy

itzmalissa

Flirty

The-Earth

Optimistic

ImUrGuRl17

Friendly

jadedra14

Worried

teenluvr15

Distracted

bolndeY

Awesome

megthedino

OverIt

ILOVEJESSM

Fed Up

niteblade

Stressed

DarkAzNGrL

Emo

MonayIzMe8

Chillin

RICKI126

Random

reggyloves

Distracted

chickyfrog

Cheeky

<< < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > >>

boonies1

Sleepy

cutietiger

Cutie3

Neek07

Unappreciated

ShirtGolem

Procrastinating

superuber

Bitchy

PartyxBabe

Swoony

nighter2

In Love

quacka

Meh

fefedem

Bored

mell54

Crazed

baby13367

Chillin

XoRUSSIAoX

Psycho

heyshea

Flirty

emilyroxie

Psycho

jillxrebel

Comfy

pynkstars5

In Love

WaterDiva2

Hopeful

Lunabelle

Bored

meowtheG

Flirty

JTsGirl620

w00t!

luvinyou19

w00t!

cutiereesa

Chillin

mjay123

Random

RPWorld

hayhay5

Naughty

KISSfreak

britt53

Bored

thajuggla

Hot

WuzUpDAwgz

Unappreciated

boiluva

Flirty

socalB

Flirty

cheshire18

Chillin

4books

In Love

Candi823

Naughty

emochik02

Confused

curleq08

Fabulous

NOTW

Tingly

alliey13

Sweet

MLSrox11

Flirty

rhcpkh36

Crappy

subway1993

Sweet

Angel3448

Dead

RicanChiKa

Moody

CrowsGirl

Happy

osugirl14

Sleepy

nanab17

Pissed

berry103

In Love

Xtina

Dissed

Gabby268

Ditzy

Flippy44

Shy

hucklebuck

Sarcastic

WaveWizard

Sleepy

Heatfelt2

Blah

SMsurfgrl

Undead

RNPunk09

Horrified

Flyleaf852

Lucky

smh1422

Happy

ojislove6

w00t!

MONELISA

Cool

CarterVade

Proud

qq0qq8

Lonely

Tunes15

Blah

gimblee

Distracted

Kbchkidnc

Flirty

Janelle07

Ditzy

Jazznc4eva

Chillin

SoulMusic

Distracted

latinfire2

Awesome

stylish15

Random

hotsk8babe

Flirty

punkie2044

Fed up

Suwwhnnn

Happy

poolboy11

Flirty

sparx2

Undead

biminibabe

Flirty

onlygirl27

Meh

tuckerlce

Bored

canadachip

Psyched

jkrazychik

OMG

ilovedhim1

Flirty

sumerkiss7

Sweet

rainlover

Naughty

ExcaliburX

Random

iloveyouks

Flirty

lills027

Cheeky

boubou1

TickledPink

blondiek77

Friendly

nmn2468

Flirty

beth53

Random

coolmary12

Lazy

armylover7

Lonely

mirffnirff

Flirty

HottShayW

Crampy

il0v3bl0nd

Curious

aab41790

razzles2

Random

annieXgirl

Sweet

awsome1511

Naughty

mandy0123

Naughty

MR1015

TickledPink

DovesCry80

Lucky

JaynDev

Sleepy

evauptown3

Excited

xxloveoo2

Flirty

strrawberr

OverIt

Shelbylee9

Bored

rokrcik888

SoSoSorry

<< < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > >>

starmoon6

Undead

punkprep94

Excited

GodBless91

Naughty

musicrox64

Naughty

saltNpepr

Random

spiner90

Lazy

hookmchick

Blah

ma4evea

Fabulous

Begothic13

Lonely

froggerron

Happy

TheCritic

Curious

Bulbassaur

Sneaky

xhottiex08

Sweet

playAmate2

Wise

xcutiex14

Flirty

chadbaby12

colada12

Whiny

Moonlite3

Cool

Slone2

Distracted

maraya676

Lonely

Peach4lyfe

Naughty

5997resol

Naughty

Hippie4

Crazed

caligrl76

Curious

MIMI838

Shy

Amoureux

OverIt

aqualad92

Blah

LoveXXLife

Sleepy

x0megan0x

Flirty

Taisha21

Sarcastic

LovesPoem

Happy

sillyman

Optimistic

Doggy6111

JustKidding

Back to top Go down
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain
Administrator
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain

PostSubject: Re: Relics from past rpgs   Relics from past rpgs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:39 am

The Storywar
The Chronicles of Narnia, Alice's Adventures Underground and Through the Looking Glass, the Wizard of Oz, the Nutcracker, the Snow Queen, Little Nemo in Slumberland, Peter Pan, the Jungle Book and Just So Stories, ... all of these stories have captured the imaginations of children and adults for nearly two centuries in some cases, and they continue to possess an element of truth. But capturing imaginations is a dangerous game, and there is far more truth to the stories than would otherwise be believed by rational minds, for each of these stories has created a separate world... First the Kingdom of Sweets and Dolls, then the Lands of the Four Seasons, then Wonderland, then The Jungles of Sheba, then the Land of Oz, then Neverland, then Slumberland, and finally Narnia. The authors of each story bestowed complete control over all the powers and magic of each land on one boy or girl off of whom he based the protagonists, granting them the ability to travel to their realm and giving them godlike powers once there. However, when each child grew up or died, they lost the powers and returned to earth, passing on their reign to another random child. Each time the rule of these lands has passed on, a new child has been granted a longer span of time in their realm, and now, the current rulers are each in their late teens. Then, disaster struck. With the arrival of new stories (Harry Potter) in humanity's mental limelight, these realms are on the verge of fading away, when someone caused them all to collide, making realms that were formerly separate become different kingdoms in the same "world," wrapped around the hub formed by figures from nursery rhymes, ruled by Cole the Blackbird King and the witch known as Mother Goose. Each of the human rulers of the collided realms was approached by a beautiful fairy named Carabosse, not native to any of their realms, who assured them that their kingdoms would be restored to their full forms and granted membership in The Marches, where other classic stories (The Grimm Fairy Tales, the Arabian Nights, The Knights of the Round Table, Greek Myths, etc) have found immortality, but only if they could "defeat their foes in all of the kingdoms," which prompted each leader to arm themselves with powerful magic and go to war with one another, turning the land of Nursery Rhymes into a battleground. Each ruler believes Carabosse is on their side, when she really seeks their destruction to feed her own power and allow her to enter the Real World and curse other special children to die on their 15th birthdays with the tiniest pinprick of a spindle. Meanwhile, the rulers (Panic, Gale, No-One, Ace, Leo9, Doll, ManWolf, Rose) are mustering armies of pixies, pirates, lost boys, native american warriors, mermaids, dwarves, centaurs, fauns, talking animals, dragons, witches, munchkins, scarecrows, mechanical men, wheelers, pumpkinheads, gumps, flying monkeys, card soldiers, chess knights, gryphons, mock turtles, unicorns, chesire cats, white rabbits, madmen, toy soldiers, rats, living sweets, goblins, imps, living beds, clowns, jinn, wolves, tigers, seals, snakes, panthers, and rhinos, in hopes of destroying each other, and mastering powers over reality and nature, but can one story truly defeat another?
NeonMisery

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 04:27 PM

Subject:
This sounds REALLY good!
star1dream

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 05:00 PM

Subject:
This is definately very unique.
bmmnns

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 05:09 PM

Subject: Rulers of the Realms
OOC - If you have a makeup in mind, propose it, and I will consider it... I specifically chose these stories and characters, though, so there should be something for everyone.

Panic (Taken by bmmnns)
A handsome red-haired young man (named Peter) who doesn't want anything about his idyllic life to change. He is incredibly agile, swift and stealthy, and a master fencer and ship captain. He also possesses powers of flight, breathing under water, communication in any language and the ability to control light and incite terror and other emotions. He rules Neverland, a tropical island where time stands still in eternal perfect moments, inhabited by pixies, merpeople, native american tribes, pirates, and huge versions of natural animals, along with runaway children.

Gale
A brunette from Kansas (named Dorothea) who was tired of her dull farmgirl life, and ran away from home. She is determined and brave, but her true powers involve control over the weather phenomena (particularly whirlwinds), even to the point that she can cause people to melt away, making her arguably the most magically powerful ruler. She rules Oz, a beautiful land resembling the continental U.S. and separated into many regions and conquered domains (such as the kingdom of the Nomes), inhabited by animated constructs of both plant (the pumpkinheads and scarecrows) and mineral (tin men, tik-toks, wheelers, china, etc) materials, as well as various people of different heights and appearances, and a few humanoid animals, as well as several talented witches.

No-One
A black-haired city boy (named Nemo) fascinated by hobbies, games and interests after being largely ignored by his busy family. He has tremendous mental abilities and talents for invention and mechanics, but he can also open or bind any door, create vivid illusions, animate objects, and control dreams, as well as create blasts of devastating energy. He rules Slumberland, a fantastic city-state full of living dreams, goblins, imps, clowns, and stranger inhabitants.

Ace
A young blond woman (named Alice) who seeks knowledge, exploring and discovering secrets, science, and magic that others would keep from her. She is curious, logical, and thoughtful, and has powers over matter... moving at incredible speed, walking through mirrors, slowing gravity, and changing her size. She rules Wonderland, a realm shaped in a mazelike pattern of underground caverns, fantastic gardens, strange rooms, and chessboard lands, inhabited by living cards and chess pieces, unicorns, gryphons, mock turtles, talking animals in human clothing, disappearing cats, strange madmen, and stranger nobility.
bmmnns

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 05:12 PM

Subject: Rulers of the Realms (continued)
Leo9
A blond young man (named Luc), who was always overshadowed by his siblings, and escaped them to find his true identity. He has powers of astral projection, transmutation (one material into another), healing, summoning aid, and incredible strength and immunity to injury, and he can transform himself into a lion. He rules Narnia, a lush and beautiful land of colorful kingdoms where virtue is cherished, full of creatures from classic fantasy, including Dwarfs, talking animals, Marsh-Wiggles, Dufflepuds, Boggles, Centaurs, Cruels, Dragons, Dryads, Earthmen or gnomes, Efreets, Ettins, Fauns, Giants, Ghouls, Griffins, Hags, Hamadryads, Horrors, Incubi, Maenads, Minotaurs, Monopods, Naiads, Ogres, Orknies Winged Horses, People of the Toadstools, Phoenix, Satyrs, Sea Peoples, Sea serpents, Sylvans, Spectres, Sprites, Star People, Trolls, Unicorns, Werewolves, Wooses, and Wraiths.

Doll
The red-haired gentle girl (named Clara) whose favorite toy was shattered by a spiteful cousin, she was taught by a mysterious one-eyed magician to find a realm full of toys and sweets to explore and rule. She can transform people or animal into other creatures or fantastic beings, and she is superhumanly graceful and agile, possesses unerring accuracy, and the ability to create servants out of toys and sugar, both of which she always has on hand. She rules the Lands of Sweets and Dolls, guarded by nutcrackers, magicians, fairies, living dolls, coffee, tea, candy canes, sugarplums and mice.

ManWolf
Once referred to as the traditional regal term of "Mancub," this handsome Indian young man was literally raised by wolves, and possesses a lupine sense of honor, family, and protection. He has incredible senses, climbing and navigational skills, and the ability to control fire and summon jinn. He rules the jungle lands of Sheba and is heir to the throne of King Solomon, while served by jinn, seals, tigers, snakes, panthers, bears, wolves, rhinos, and butterflies.

Rose
A girl (whose actual name is Gerda) with black hair, she is determined to find her lost love, Kay, though he seems to have disappeared, and not even the Snow Queen knows where he is. She lives in a city full of her signature roses, and oversees the cycle of the seasons, but her true powers are incredible endurance and resistance to environmental changes, the power to control others' minds and memories, and mastery of ice, plants, heat, and shadows, as well as floating shards of a magic mirror that serve her. She rules the Lands of the Four Seasons, where all things cycle between each, and is served by witches, animated flowers, reindeer, robbers, snow bees, nobles, ravens, and other creatures, including the four seasons themselves.
bmmnns

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 06:06 PM

Subject: Cartography (and notes on animals and how to tell what kind of animal is which)
The Land of Rhyme, ruled by the wise and mysterious King Cole, and protected by the magic of Mother Goose, who rides her giant gander familiar through the air, is noteworthy because each and every inhabitant, human or animal or something else entirely, converses or responds in rhyme. A Rhymelander can't walk up to you and say "How's it going?" He must say (if he was on his way to get his hair cut, for instance) "To you a very happy morn, Now I'm off to get my locks shorn" or something similar. If you say "How do you do?" to a Rhymelander, she will respond "Quite well, thank you." Rhymelanders don't need to say the complete rhyme, but the rhyme must be present somehow. Mother Goose uses rhymes for her spells.

Surrounding the Land of Rhyme is the Sea of Tales, where magic acts strangely and mysterious islands and creatures from other stories appear at random. The susurrus of the sea is actual whispers of stories being told. All of the realms currently present float in the Sea of Tales, and rumor has it that the Marches, where truly immortal stories dwell, can only be reached through the sea's crystal waters, for some of the Marchenfolk return for brief visits or bring messages of great import to the inhabitants of lesser stories.

The Land of the Four Seasons is to the North of the Lands of Rhyme, and even the areas surrounding the Summer Princess' current location are nowhere near as tropical or arid as some of the other realms.

To the East of the Lands of Rhyme is the Jungle continent of Sheba, with seals, led by the White Seal, patrolling its shores and all manner of animals patrolling its forests. Animals in Sheba act like normal animals, but they can talk and reason.

To the South is Neverland, whose waters are protected by treacherous reefs and dangerous pirate vessels, not to mention mermaids and a tremendous crocodile. Animals in Neverland are no more clever than natural animals, but they tend to grow to great size.

To the West is Oz, whose residents resemble more colorful and varied forms of those of the U.S., albeit with animated creatures and constructs walking around. Animals here are intelligent, and tend to wear human jewelry and adornment, and seem anthropomorphic at times.

To the Northwest is Slumberland. Animals here might be more intelligent than most, but cannot talk.

To the Southwest is Wonderland. Animals here wear clothes and talk, and are just as nonsensical as other Wonderlanders. Wonderlanders in general enjoy contradictions and games with logic (or games that ignore logic).

To the Southeast is Narnia, guarded by seafolk and dragons. Animals here are intelligent, have homes, and can speak, but do not wear clothes aside from the occasional necessity (glasses, shawls, etc)

To the Northeast is the Land of Sweets and Dolls. Most animals do not talk, but do understand language, and the mice (which grow to great sizes) do occasionally arm themselves with human weapons.

Aside from this, maps of individual countries found in books are still accurate.
static101

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 06:31 PM

Subject:
Totally bookmarking!
luvinya

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 09:59 AM

Subject:
possible bookmark
bmmnns

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 09:11 PM

Subject:
Anyone joining?
static101

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 PM

Subject:

bmmnns wrote:

Anyone joining?

Yep. What's the bio requirments?
luvinya

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 03:08 AM

Subject:

static101 wrote:

bmmnns wrote:

Anyone joining?

Yep. What's the bio requirments?

Yes, I was going to post something for Ace/Alice but I wasn't sure what I needed to post.
hunnz4evrr

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:06 PM

Subject:
total bookmark for Rose!!!!!!! I love that story, this rpg is going to be amazing!!!!
bmmnns

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 02:25 AM

Subject:
OOC - I wasn't actually planning on the need for bios, but I'll make one for you. If multiple people want to be from the same realm, then one can be the leader and the others can be subjects... for instance, Panic might have a hook-handed dashing pirate gentleman captain as his head naval officer, a native american princess as his head general, a jealous pixie as his head magician, and a number of immortal children as his secret agents and infiltrators.

A few things to keep in mind:
1) All the major characters are not the originals... Panic is not Peter Pan, for instance. They are remarkably similar (though Leo9/Luc seems to be something of a combination of Lucy, Peter, Edmund, and Aslan), but no one is quite sure what happened to the original rulers.
2) All characters must have some reason to fight for their realm... for most of the rulers, this reason has been provided in their descriptions. If you are playing a non-ruler character and want to be a traitor to your realm (perhaps you think the Wicked Witch of the West wants to depose Gale, maybe with witchcraft learned from Narnia or the Lands of the Four Seasons)
3) I have an idea that the mysterious threat that caused all the realms to collide (not Carabosse) will involve a 9th "ruler," from another story, while the Rhymelands have a ruler as well (and it isn't Cole the Blackbird king... he is more of a figurehead). If you want to play these characters, send me an nmail. They'll be roleplaying-intensive.
4) There have been other rulers in the past... you can usually recognize their stories because they seem to have the ability to cross between worlds or find themselves moving from normal life to fantastic situations. Examples include Jack (Jack and the Beanstalk, Jack the Giant Slayer, etc), Sinbad the Sailor, Thomas the Rhymer, Little Red Riding Hood, Orpheus, Redcrosse, Momotaro, Beowulf, Prospero, and Odysseus. They have left behind weapons, magic, tools, and creatures from their stories, and it might be possible to gain their powers for yourself and your realm.
5) Bio Format:
NAME:
REALM: (Neverland, Wonderland, Oz, Slumberland, Sheba, etc)
APPEARANCE:
POWERS/SKILLS:
BASE OF OPERATIONS: (Your character's home or base in their realm... Rulers' Bases tend to be large and impressive, while subject characters' might be less so)
PROLOGUE: (Your backstory and motivation. Note that if your subject character is a traitor, you need to mention it here, and what realm (s)he favors instead of the home realm)
bmmnns

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 02:25 AM

Subject:
NAME: Panic
REALM: Neverland
APPEARANCE: Panic has bright, curly, and somewhat messy red hair, a mischievous smile, and gleaming eyes that shift from green to blue to gold. He appears as a young man, and prefers to wear a tunic woven of skeleton leaves of various colors, but his ears are slightly pointed, and his toes have webbing, his legs shimmer with a tracing of scales, he has a tiny pair of gossamer wings that he doesn't show anyone and hides beneath a colorful pirate captain's jacket, and his arms, chest, and face are decorated with native american war paint. He often has both a rapier and a dagger (if not a cutlass and pistol) hidden somewhere in his coat as well, and he is accompanied by dancing will o'wisp lights (actually tiny multicolored pixies) at all times.
POWERS/SKILLS: He is incredibly agile, swift and stealthy, and a master fencer and ship captain. He also possesses powers of flight, breathing under water, communication in any language and the ability to control light and incite terror and other emotions.
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Panic rules from his throne room, the Home Underground. Hidden in the roots and trunks of several enormous hollow trees deep in the forests of Neverland, it has a grotto with access to the water for the pirates and mermaids to approach, while being impossible to find by the forces of other realms (the pixies distract and mislead enemies, and the natives and lost boys are too graceful, stealthy, and elusive to be followed). It is lit by glowing crystals, mosses, and pixies, and filled with captured treasure, magic items, and weapons, which his chief engineer and researcher, Mr. Smee, is learning to duplicate. There is one lantern, however, which he never lights, but instead keeps it hidden for the proper chance to use its great powers.
PROLOGUE: Peter was raised in an orphanage, and then the foster system. His foster siblings were uniformly rotten, and his numerous foster parents were even worse. The less said, the better, and when he was barely more than a toddler, he escaped one night... with his foster father hunting him down, when he encountered a very large firefly, or rather, a pixie, who doused him in pixie dust and taught him to fly to Neverland, where he gradually became more clever, powerful, and mature, at the cost of becoming less human and more like the inhabitants of Neverland. Panic was the youngest of the current rulers to find his realm, since all the others were teens when they crossed over. He believes Neverland is perfect, and doesn't want anything about his life to change. He has become rather ruthless, but honorable in his way, about tracking down advantages for his realm, and he considers Carabosse to be his advisor, second only to Twinklespell the pixie.

OOC - Sorry to all Tink fans out there, but Twinklespell will be an NPC (pixies can't speak English, after all, and it would get annoying if Panic had to translate her bell sounds.

NAME:Rose
REALM: Land of the Four Seasons
APPEARANCE: Rise has long black hair,and usually keeps it back away from her face. Her green-hazel eyes, black hair and caramel-complexion give her a distinct look among her people and she has a battle scar on her forehead.
POWERS/SKILLS: Rose is incredibly clever, and can communicate with animals for a short period of time. Rose also has the ability to melt your heart and reveal your true intentions.
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Land of the Four Seasons
PROLOGUE: When Kay suddenly disappeared when they were little, Kay never lost hope. She trained long and hard for most of her life, knowing that finding Kay wouldnt be easy..... Especialy if the Snow Queen did not know where he was. Regardless of the obstacles in front of her, Rose refuses to give up, simply because she loves Kay. And now that a Storywar lies ahead of her and her people, she will not give up.
luvinya

Posted: Sun Aug 1, 2010 02:55 AM

Subject:
NAME: Ace
REALM: Wonderland
APPEARANCE: Ace is about 5’6” and has a medium build. She’s mainly muscle. She has a heart shaped face, deep blue eyes, long flowing blonde hair and freckles. She normally wears a knee-length blue summer dress with red tights. She likes to wear black flats and doesn’t enjoy dressing like royalty. Many people say she should wear luxurious and crazy gowns but she’d rather blend in with her followers. She loves to wear regular crazy clothes but she’s not very fond of gowns. Sometimes she’ll wear crazy colored raggedy clothes and run barefoot through the meadows and mazes.
POWERS/SKILLS: She has powers over matter; moving at incredible speed, walking through mirrors, slowing gravity, and changing her size.
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Ace works out of a grand castle that floats in the water of a medium sized lake. The lake is located in the center of the Eastern garden maze. Her throne room isn’t actually located in the main room of the castle. It’s actually in a smaller side room. The castle itself is one big giant maze and it constantly shifts and changes. Only Ace and a few of her trusted friends really know how to tell what door will lead them where. It was designed that was to protect the ruler and secrets of Wonderland. On the outside there is a dock that allows her and others in the castle to travel by ferry to the shore. On the outside of the castle there are many vines with different varieties of many colored flowers that climb its walls.
PROLOGUE(history): Ace never really fit-in in the ‘real world’. She constantly read books to escape and her head was always in the clouds. Her schoolmates always made fun of her and her parents sent her to therapy because they thought something was wrong. She never talked and always had a book in her hands or a glazed dreamy look over her eyes. One day Ace was day dreaming as usual, when a man called out to her. “Stop that hat!” He cried. A hat flew past her and she jumped up and chased it. It flew into a hole and she stopped. “Sorry mister.” She said turning, just as the man pushed her down the hole. She fell into Wonderland and the man became her right hand. Wonderland became the home she never had and the day she became the ruler she vowed never to leave and to protect Wonderland and its citizens at all cost.
star1dream

Posted: Mon Aug 2, 2010 11:30 AM

Subject:
Bookmark for Gale. I should have bio up today.
luvinya

Posted: Tue Aug 3, 2010 09:22 AM

Subject:
Bump
star1dream

Posted: Tue Aug 3, 2010 03:41 PM

Subject:
NAME: Gale

REALM: Oz

APPEARANCE: Gale has long dark brown that reaches the her lower back. She has side bangs falling over the corner of her right eye from back when she was in the real world. She usually has her hair done and up. Her eyes are a strange copper colour, with black flecks in them. She has a slightly rounder face than most and very defined pale pink lips. Her skin in fairly pale, although she has a slight tan. She stands at a short 5'3", with a leaner frame, though she is still curvy. Gale often wears long, emerald green gowns, though if she had her choice, she'd be in jeans from back home.

POWERS/SKILLS: Power over weather, can melt people away, and a pair of magic ruby slippers with unknown powers.

BASE OF OPERATIONS: The Emerald palace inside the Emerald City. The room in which the Wizard of Oz conducted his business was changed into a room of which the new Council of Oz (a group of Witches and Wizards, along with the Scarecrow, Lion, and Tin Man who were with the original Dorothy) makes decisions. The guards are the only people who aren't in the council who know how to get there, since access to the general public is forbidden. The palace itself is very large in extravagant, and very, very green. There's a large garden full of the poppies that surround the Emerald City.

PROLOGUE: Gale was pretty average back home, with friends, good grades, and a longing for something more. She always grew restless and her aunt and uncle got annoyed with the fact she couldn't stay out of trouble. They thought about sending her to a boarding school hundreds of miles away. She found the brochure that they had and misunderstood the reason. She ran away, with no real destination in mind. One day, the weather started turning for the worst. She was accidently knocked out by some flying debris and woke up in Oz. She wasn't far from the Emerald city, where the people took her in.
luvinya

Posted: Fri Aug 6, 2010 07:48 AM

Subject:

luvinya wrote:

Bump

star1dream

Posted: Sat Aug 7, 2010 11:57 AM

Subject:
Bump
star1dream

Posted: Mon Aug 9, 2010 06:00 PM

Subject:

star1dream wrote:

Bump

luvinya

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:35 PM

Subject:

star1dream wrote:

Bump

static101

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 02:26 PM

Subject:
Okay. I still want to do this and I'm going to double up as well. I have to leave for work, but when I get home I'll get both my bios up! icon_biggrin.gif
bmmnns

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 03:36 PM

Subject:
Just bumping this up in my feed... my server broke and I didn't get a new one until yesterday, so I didn't have internet... trying to catch up. I'll try and post a starter later tonight, but people are still welcome to join in the missing roles.
Chicknodle

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 08:37 PM

Subject:
NAME: ManWolf
REALM: Sheba
APPEARANCE: He has long black hair, and olive skin, because of he is indian. When he smiles you can see his dimples. He has side bangs that he constantly has to move out of his face. He stands at a 5'9. He usually only wears short pants. and has a gold bangle on his left leg. His eyes are wide, and his nose is a bit stubby. His lips are thin but pink. He has fine eyebrows, and his arms are lanky.
POWERS/SKILLS:He has incredible senses, climbing and navigational skills, and the ability to control fire and summon jinn.
BASE OF OPERATIONS: In the forest, there just so happens to be a broken man made huge shrine, that was abandoned in the past. This is where the planning is done.
PROLOGUE: Manwolf has always had the lax life, and taking the bear necessaties of life, after awhile it got boring. When he was contemplating whether to hunt or just relax at his favorite spot, he was somehow knocked on the head, and in a different realm. When he found his way back, he decided to do something that would occupy his time - conquest.

hmm. i tried xD

Current Characters:
*Panic (bmmnns), Ruler of Neverland

*Rose (hunnz4evrr), Ruler of the Land of the Four Seasons
(hunnz4evrr, you left out a bunch of the powers I included in Rose's orginal description, and didn't provide much detail for your base of operations. Just wondered what your thoughts were on each detail there)

*Ace (luvinya), Ruler of Wonderland

*Gale (star1dream), Ruler of Oz
(Good job remembering the magic slippers... I'd forgotten to include their potential mysterious power in Gale's original write-up)

Roles Still Open:
No-One, Ruler of Slumberland
Leo9, Ruler of Narnia
Doll (you can call her Clarity, if you'd prefer a better name), Ruler of the Land of Sweets and Dolls
Manwolf, Ruler of the Jungles of Sheba

If you're interested in playing one of these two characters, nmail me.
The mystery dark Ruler
The secret Ruler of the Land of Rhyme
bmmnns

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:59 PM

Subject: Updated Current Characters
Current Characters:

(hunnz4evrr, you left out a bunch of the powers I included in Rose's orginal description, and didn't provide much detail for your base of operations. Just wondered what your thoughts were on each detail there)

(Good job remembering the magic slippers... I'd forgotten to include their potential mysterious power in Gale's original write-up)

*Manwolf (Chicknodle), Ruler of the Jungles of Sheba
(sorry... I think I was writing my last post right before yours showed up... welcome to the game!)

Roles Still Open:
Leo9, Ruler of Narnia
Doll (you can call her Clarity, if you'd prefer a better name), Ruler of the Land of Sweets and Dolls

The mystery dark Ruler
DarkJewel9

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:32 PM

Subject: Doll
NAME: Doll
REALM: The Lands of Sweets and Dolls
APPEARANCE: Doll looks very much like a doll. She is tiny at 4'11” and most people can pick her up without really trying. She has porcelain skin and a heart shaped face. Her long wavy red hair falls down to the middle of her back. Her chocolate brown eyes seem to sparkle in the right lighting. Freckles dot her nose and she very much appears like a child. Usually she is seen wearing frilly party dresses usually in pink. She can still fight when in a dress like that just as well as if she was in anything else.
POWERS/SKILLS: She is amazingly agile and graceful and has about a .1 percent of missing her target. She also can change humans and animals into fantastic creatures. On top of all of this you might not really call this a skill but she appears very innocent to most people so much that they don't expect a thing
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Doll rules from a very childish but still amazing castle. The castle looks like something a little girl would dream about living in alongside their Prince Charming. It's mostly a light shade of pink with some other pastel colors on the outside. Inside is filled with many rooms filled with toys and sweets in fact all the rooms have at least some sugar and toys of course if she ever needed to use it especially now with the war going on. Her throne sits in the main room where only her most trusted advisers can come also it is filled with her most favorite toys including a exact replica of the doll that broke before she came to her land.
PROLOGUE: Doll grew up in a loving family sure they didn't really pay attention to her but she still had a loving family. She did grow up though in a world of formal parties where you basically show off you kids. She never let this bother her though she grew up gentle never getting mean or jealous of any of her friends and cousins. One day during a Christmas party she was the last to be getting her presents. Her father had gotten her the most wonderful doll you could imagine she loved it and cherished it. The next day when they were playing a cousin got jealous and threw the doll making it shatter. Doll wept that night before she fell asleep she was just about to doze off when someone a mysterious man appeared telling her of a world filled with all the sweets and toys you could imagine and also how she could rule this wonderful world. She then found herself in the land of sweets and dolls and she won't stop until she sure that her fairy tail world is here to stay.
*I hope it's good the only place I think i did bad was the base but we can't all be perfect a.k.a i suck at describing castles*
bmmnns

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 01:03 AM

Subject: Updated Updated current characters

*Manwolf (Chicknodle), Ruler of the Jungles of Sheba
(sorry... I think I was writing my last post right before yours showed up... welcome to the game!)

*Doll (DarkJewel9), Ruler of the Land of Sweets and Dolls
(No worries, the castle description is fine... for future reference, I find that imagining where the character would be most comfortable/luxurious helps. I think I also mentioned the ability to make servants out of toys and sugar, among her powers, though)

Roles Still Open:
Leo9, Ruler of Narnia

The mystery dark Ruler

I'll see if I can post a starter by Friday, if we don't have any additional characters.
static101

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 AM

Subject:
Name: Luc
Realm: Narnia
Appearance: Luc looks how a noble leader should look like. He stands at six foot two. His blonde hair is wispy and falls right above his ears. Luc’s eyes are a deep forest green like the lush land of Narnia. His body is very muscular and tan because he likes to spend time among his subjects. In battle, Luc wears silver armor complete with his sword and shield. Over the armor is the Narnia coat of arms with a golden lion. When he’s out and about in Narnia, he dresses more practical with silk pants and a tunic in a deep blue with black trim.
Power/Skills: Luc has the ability to turn into a majestic lion. He mostly has immunity to injury, but if his injury is major, Luc can heal at an alarming rate. Luc is also equipped with a magical horn that gives him the power to summon aid from all corners of Narnia no matter where he is.
Base of Operations: Luc resides in a beautiful castle facing Narnia’s beautiful coast line. Mermen and mermaids protect the castle from an attack coming from the sea. Tree folk protect the castle from both the north and south sides. Luc’s castle is made completely out of gray stone and silver. Inside lies the throne room which has the original four thrones of Narnia’s first rulers, though no one is quite sure what happened to them. In the throne room, there is a secret passage that leads underground to an awaiting ship if for some reason Luc needed to escape. Only he knows of this passage. Luc also has a huge room filled with magical weapons from the days of old. Next to this is a giant library filled with books about Narnia’s history.
Prologue: Luc grew up in England with four siblings during World War Two. Like most men in England, Luc wanted to join the army in the fight against Germany, but he wasn’t old enough unlike his older brother. His two sisters (both younger than him) became nurses and helped in the hospitals. Unable to find his place in world torn by war, Luc decided to venture to the country side where his uncle lived away from the bombed streets of London. One day, he stumbled into a room containing just an old wooden wardrobe. Curious he peaked inside and climbed in when the door shut behind him. Locked inside, Luc traveled farther into the wardrobe and stumbled into Narnia. Like England, Narnia was in the middle of a bloody war between an evil queen and those who opposed her. The Snow Queen, as she was called by the animals that lived in Narnia, was from a different realm and wanted to rule Narnia after she could not rule her own. Luc joined the animal resistance and overthrew the Snow Queen. Without a leader, Narnia was in chaos. Deciding that Narnia was his place, Luc took the thrown as a caring and compassionate leader. Now Narnia is threatened once again and Luc will stop at nothing to defend the one place he feels like he belongs.

OOC: Hope that's okay! I want to double up as a non-ruler character from another realm. Is that okay?
bmmnns

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 01:42 AM

Subject:
OOC: Hope that's okay! I want to double up as a non-ruler character from another realm. Is that okay?

Absolutely... and nice touch tying in the Snow Queen icon_smile.gif
static101

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:36 AM

Subject:

bmmnns wrote:

Absolutely... and nice touch tying in the Snow Queen icon_smile.gif

Why thank you! I'm thinking about being the Wicked Witch of the West as my second character, but I have to do a little research first. When are we starting?
bmmnns

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 01:09 AM

Subject:
Once upon a time, deep in the Home Underground's luxurious (if unusual) throne room, Panic, Ruler of Neverland, reclined and conversed with his closest friend, Twinklespell the pixie.
"Yes, I have received word that my infiltrators are in place. The pieces of my plan are coming together. I have sent a swarm of pixies, a school of mermaids, a raiding ship full of pirates, a hunting party of natives, and my most highly-trained Lost Boys to find and retrieve each... item. The other realms won't be able to oppose us if we are successful, and the great beasts remain here to defend Neverland and keep my forces from being spread too thin."
"Ding ling ring zing"
"Yes, and then there's the success I've had thanks to your recovery of the seeds for Love-in-Idleness. You always have been the most amazing and wonderful of all, Twinkle"
"Ling ling ding ting"
"Carabosse? Yes, now that was a piece of good fortune! A true fairy with advice and a clear path to the Marches for us all? It's a shame that she is unable to use her great magics in our defense... or, better yet, in our OFFENSE. Actually, speaking of great magics, you'll never believe what the mermaids have brought me, retrieved from the ocean floor." He reached into a basket of woven weeds and vines at his feet, and pulled out a book and some sort of short golden staff.
"Ting zing sing?!"
"Yes... the book and wand of Prospero the Magician. With these, I'll be able to learn additional magics to overcome the weakness brought about by our world's collision. Speaking of, has anyone figured out what CAUSED it?"
"Ring ding ning."
"Hmm... I do need to know, I think. If it could cause this much devastation for worlds, it could interfere with our plans. If the mermaids have been unsuccessful in figuring it out, then I'll speak with a shaman of the Natives, and see if she can shed some light on the subject. I don't want to waste you on such an errand, when your time is far more useful spent at my side."
"Twing?"
"Hahahah, no, dear pixie, you don't always have to hover at hip's length around me... 'at my side' is a figure of speech, meaning 'close by,' I promise."
He then stood up, floated into the air and rose, with Twinklespell following him, out into the starry sky over Neverland. They flew swiftly towards the Native village, and Panic turned yet again to the pixie. "Remind me, Twinkle, what is the first place I should visit on my agenda?"
"Dinglingle"
"Very well... alert the mermaids to request a meeting under truce with the Ruler of Narnia."
Chicknodle

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 09:09 AM

Subject:
"Balloon...."
Nothing.
"Balloon."
Still nothing.
"BALLOON!!"
"Wha- wha? I'm awake, I'm awake!"
"Balloon...You're supposed to be standing guard. What if we were infiltrated? You're one of the biggest bears we've got and you're just standing there asleep? Some friend."
"Ah there, ManWolf. I'm sorry. It's just last night, i got too much sleep, which makes the sleepiness over flood til today and i..."
ManWolf gave him a stern look.
"I'm sorry. It's just that the bear necessities of life-"
"We're not going into song now. Anyways, Follow me, I want to let you in on something!"
ManWolf and Balloon walked into the ruins where ManWolf sat sideways on his vines encrusted throne.
"I'm excited. We've got all kinds of animals throughout each of the lands, spying in on what they're doing. And when the time is just right, we will do a fail-swoop on the weakest of each lands, taking over everything they call dear. I've got it all planned out on this stone table."
He jumped up and led balloon, and showed him the wood carvings of each of the leaders of the realms. "First we attack here-"He then pushed the little carving off the table, shattering the wood, with his mighty swing. "And then here...and so on and so forth till we win this war. Isn't it exciting?"ManWolf said finally turning to Balloon.
Balloon only yawned.
"C'mon, how isn't this interesting?"
"Eh. Not my style. Now, fish and honey? That's interesting."
"Ah Balloon."He said patting his back.
ManWolf's eyes gleamed.
"This will be the most interesting thing since you learned what a house was!"
star1dream

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 05:44 PM

Subject:
Gale walked through the very green halls of the Emerald palace swiftly, her ruby shoes tapping on the stone floor and her long forest green gown billowing out behind her. As she approached the two guards standing on each side of the large door, they pulled it open.

"Your highness," they said together. She nodded in response. The Council already sat around the long table. The doors shut with a bang behind her.

"Why have you called me?" she asked, her voice sounding almost cross.

The original Good witch of the North's, Glinda's, daughter Mirabelle stood up. "We must make the final plans on what to do about the collision of the realms."

Gale sighed. "Right." She walked around the table and took her seat at the head of the table. She rested her elbows on the table, interlacing her fingers and resting her chin on top of her folded hands. "I guess the decision is between whether we want to send more troops out, or pull back our forces to protect Oz."

The Scarecrow spoke up. "Oz is very large, and we have to assure that our people remain safe."

"But will we be able to succeed and gain our place in the Marches if we do so?" the Tin Man argued.

The several witches and wizards began speaking to one another. As they quieted, Mirabelle stood. "We do need to protect the people of Oz, and our magic can only do so much, but our chances of gaining access to the Marches with grow smaller by doing so. We believe that it's best to pull some of the troops back. But it's your ultimate decision, Gale."

"Yes, yes, I know," she muttered, following to swirls in the stone table with her eyes. "We have a limited supply of troops and and the safety of Oz must be insured." She hesitated. "Pull some of the troops back, and we should discuss a truce between us and Wonderland. We simply need assistance." She looked up. "Agreed?"

They all nodded.
static101

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:05 PM

Subject:
Luc (in his lion form) napped happily outside of his beautiful seaside palace. His magnificent mane seemed to sparkle in the in the sunlight.
Suddenly, Luc heard the sound of soft footsteps behind him. As quick as lightning, Luc pounced onto the figure with a low growl.
"P-pplease, my lord," Arwin, his head dwarf, stammered from beneath the leader's giant paw.
Luc roared with laughter as he morphed back into his human form. "Sorry, Arwin. You can never be too careful."
The dwarf stood and brushed himself off. "Indeed...especially if there's talk of a shadow moving across your boarders. The other realms are restless, which is why the leader of Neverland requests an audience with you."
"No doubt to make an alliance. We'll need it a war really does start to brew," Luc replied. "Narnia's already seen one devestating war unlike the other realms. We do not need another one."
Arwin smiled. "Because of your leadership, my lord, it hasn't happened. Narnia is in debt to you."
"I love Narnia. It's my home and I will protect it at all costs," Luc stated. "We better make sure we're there to greet Panic when he arrives."
Luc loved the mythical creatures who called Narnia their home, but he needed some human company as well. "Arwin, send a message to Gale of Oz to see how everything is holding up there. Maybe we can arrange a meeting."
luvinya

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 01:52 AM

Subject:
Ace stood leaning over a map of all that is hers along with her head adviser, Hatter, and her 3rd in command March. They had a meeting with the representatives from the different parts of Wonderland tomorrow and she wanted to be ready. She'd heard the stories about Oz and was a little more worried. Oz was normally good in times of war but this new enemy was strong, making Ace rethink her whole plan.
"I still think leading them to the mazes would be best." Hatter said nodding madly.
"Agreed." March was nodding right along with Hatter
"Yes but that will only work if. . ." Ace was cut off but March.
"Tea time yet my highness?" Hatter turned to look at her. The only problem with having those two as her advisers was that they're a little mad and it was hard to keep them on topic.
Ace sighed "Yes my dear Mach. You and Hatter go have tea. I'll set up a meeting with Oz."
Her advisers ran out of the room and she couldn't help but laugh. She looked over the map again quite pleased with her plans. She left and caught the 2:15 door upstairs. She skipped over to the Rabbits room but saw he wasn't there. "Where has that crazy Rabbit gotten to now?" She asked aloud to none in particular. Just at that moment the Rabbit came running by. "Rabbit!" She called running after.
"Sorry Your Highness!" He called trying to bow and run at the same time. He failed and tripped. "I'm late for tea with March and Hatter!"
Ace picked him up "I'm sorry dear Rabbit but that will have to wait."He looked like she had smacked him with a spoon. "I need you to take this message to Oz." She said pulling a little note from the pocket of her dress. "It requests a meeting between the Ruler of Oz and the Ruler of Wonderland on any land of their choosing." She said.
"Y-yes Your Highness." Rabbit stuttered before hopping off to Oz.
Ace shook her head slowly then began walking to the 2nd dining room for tea with her advisers.
Chicknodle

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 09:17 AM

Subject:
Just as Balloon and ManWolf were about to go play, Bagera came with important news.
"ManWolf..."He said in his usual sly tone. "The other realms have begun to ally."
"Oh really now? Who told you?"
"The birds - toucans to be precise, you know they love gossip..."
"Ah. Alright then. We must Ally ourselves too. But whose left?"
"Reports show that only the realm of sweets and dolls have not decided on whom they want to ally with. There is gossip that the other ones have already decided, but i know not with whom"
"Thank you! It sucks that i'll have to ally myself with the girliest realm . . . but hey, we'll back-stab them in the ending anyways. Mind running over there, and letting them know ill be there within a few hours?"
"No problem but you owe me."
"Yeah!"He said with a wide grin.
That ManWolf...Even now with his head in the clouds.Bagera thought. He raced off smiling towards the realm.
"Cool. If this wasn't going to be a challenge, there's no point in doing it right?"
"We're complete opposites..", Balloon sighed.
DarkJewel9

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:51 AM

Subject:
Doll sat upon her throne sipping a cup of hot chocolate. She looked around the room all of her trusted advisers sat around her on a table. She set the empty cup on the platter and not a second later a doll came in and took it out of the room.
“Now to business.” She said twirling a lock of her hair between her fingers.
“You Highness I think we should start preparing more troops for battle we are going to need them.” Ariana one of the life-sized dolls Doll had appointed to be welcome among the higher ups in the castle. Ariana was very smart for a doll brought to life which she liked.
“How is the making of more sugar and toys coming along?” Doll asked knowing she had plenty in the castle she just wanted to be sure that she could always make more if needed.
“We are making progress the orders you placed should be in by the middle of this week.” Ariana said.
“That's good very good.” Doll felt like she need a little time to herself before she got none at all. “Everyone if you may pardon me I am going to rest in my room for a while I want you all to start writing up battle plans I will overview them later.” She said getting up.
“Yes your highness.” All of the others in the room said while Doll got up and walked towards her bedroom. She walked slowly but gracefully her red hair bouncing against her back with every step. She soon found herself at the door to her bedroom she opened the door and walked inside.
"Finally you have returned." A voice said.
Chicknodle

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 09:00 PM

Subject:

DarkJewel9 wrote:

Doll sat upon her throne sipping a cup of hot chocolate. She looked around the room all of her trusted advisers sat around her on a table. She set the empty cup on the platter and not a second later a doll came in and took it out of the room.
“Now to business.” She said twirling a lock of her hair between her fingers.
“You Highness I think we should start preparing more troops for battle we are going to need them.” Ariana one of the life-sized dolls Doll had appointed to be welcome among the higher ups in the castle. Ariana was very smart for a doll brought to life which she liked.
“How is the making of more sugar and toys coming along?” Doll asked knowing she had plenty in the castle she just wanted to be sure that she could always make more if needed.
“We are making progress the orders you placed should be in by the middle of this week.” Ariana said.
“That's good very good.” Doll felt like she need a little time to herself before she got none at all. “Everyone if you may pardon me I am going to rest in my room for a while I want you all to start writing up battle plans I will overview them later.” She said getting up.
“Yes your highness.” All of the others in the room said while Doll got up and walked towards her bedroom. She walked slowly but gracefully her red hair bouncing against her back with every step. She soon found herself at the door to her bedroom she opened the door and walked inside.
"Finally you have returned." A voice said.

"I was waiting. ManWolf requests an audience with you. Would you mind coming with me to my realm? A truce shall be made."

ooc: not much to say T-T

As Rose rode through her kingdom, she was puzzled. She had no idea of how to protect her people, from a force that no one could see. Her best stragetist was shooting out ideas, but she wasnt listening. Everything had already been used or there was no way to execute the strategies. It was hopeless.
But then she thought, and said "Kara? Please turn around and head back to the palace."
"Yes, M'lady"

When they return back to the palace, Rose calls a meeting together. She asks everyone to come, since everyone will be involved in the effort. "If we are to suceed in this war, we are going to need bigger, better and stonger ideas. Ideas and strageties that should be fool-proof! This war will not be easy, so everyone has work to do. I want the women to protect the children and hold down the fort, while the men are training. I want the warriors to restart training and creating weapons. I want bigger and better and stonger so that we'll survive. We are a strong people. This is our only chance to prove it. Lets get to work!" And with that she turned around and went to her room, thinking about what she really wanted to do,
oxEmmyxo

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 01:46 AM

Subject:
After getting lost a few times Rabbit finally made it to the castle of Oz. He hopped up to the door out of breath. He gave the note to the guard at the door. "I-it requests a m-meeting of t-the r-rulers of Oz and W-Wo-Wonderland to discuss a possible t-truce." He huffed. The guard took the note and handed it off to someone through the door. "I'll just stay here." He said sitting on the grass and pulling out buttered toast. "I'll have a little tea time of my own." He pulled a teapot and cup from his pocket next and began munching on his toast and drinking his tea while waiting for a reply.
bmmnns

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 02:24 AM

Subject:
Meanwhile...
Deep in a castle that had seen better days over a hundred years ago, the fairy Carabosse wore a blood-red gown of rubies and rose petals and rusted iron jewelry. Her hair was an unnatural shade of red, and her nails, though perfectly painted, were long and sharp, like talons. Her irises were deep red, the color the moon gets during a certain kind of eclipse. Her ears were delicate and pointed, and her canine teeth were sharper than they should have been, highlighted by her red, red lips. Her wings were huge and powerful, many shades of red and orange and violet, like those of an atlas moth, and her wand, topped not by a star but by a miniature black hole, seemed to seethe with roiling crimson energies. She stood in a garden that was perpetually autumn, with fiery leaves and shadow-casting sunlight, overlooking a garden spring that reflected the scarlet display back at her. To her left was a towering, faceted ruby that revealed her reflection. She smiled, and waving her wand, she enchanted the shadow cast by the strange light, her crystal refection, and her watery one, and all three rose up and solidified into perfect duplicates of herself. "Each of us shall go, she said haughtily," and present ourselves to each of the Rulers, telling them contradictory reports guarenteed to increase the slaughter... and their egos. With that much sacrifice, my power will expand and thousandfold, and then nothing in any world will stand in my way. I will also seed the kingdoms, and, when my plans come into fruition, my old tried-and-true spells will find use once more. Hahahahahaahahahahahaaaaaa!" With that, she waved her wand again, and it became a delicate ivory thing, with a glittering star at the end. Her spikey crown transformed into a delicate tiara. Her wings turned soft and pale pink, but resembled in pattern those of a monarch butterfly. Her blood red gown turned into a dawn-colored tutu, with tiny, glittering shoes that rang like bells with each step she took. Her hands became soft and graceful, her eyes turned pink, warm and cheery, her smile went from predatory to innocent, and her jewelry turned into carnations. Each of her simulacra took the form of "the pink fairy" and spread wings, flying out of the ruined castle she dwelt in, out into the night.
star1dream

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 03:37 PM

Subject:
OOC: Bump.I'll try to get a post out today.
luvinya

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 05:37 AM

Subject:
This was such a cool idea! I hope it's not already dying!!! =[
star1dream

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 04:06 PM

Subject:
Gale had made her way back to her room after the meeting with the council. She had been working on other things when there was a knock at the door.
She stood and opened it, feeling tired.

One of the many guards at the Emerald Palace handed her a note. "It is from the Ruler of Wonderland.."

She took it from him and read through it. "Thank you," she muttered absently. "Well, it seems that they are going to assist our plight," she said as she finished reading it. Relief flooded through her, calming her once frayed nerves. "Tell them that I accept their request."

The guard nodded his head and returned to the front gates. He found the rabbit sitting and enjoying tea. "Her majesty has said yes," he said loud and clear, getting it's attention.
luvinya

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 04:01 PM

Subject:
Rabbit jumped when the guard called out to him. "Yes sir. Thank you kindly sir. I'll have the royal highness of Wonderland meet your majesty here." He said nodding rapidly. He shoved the tea pot and cup back into his pocket before bounding away. It took him quite some time but he eventually made it out of Oz and back to Wonderland.
He hurried to the tea room where he saw Hatter, March, and Ace.
"THERE ARE CRUMBS IN THE BUTTER!" Hatter cried
"Your highness" Rabbit interrupted with a bow.
"Please Rabbit, it's Ace." she replied. "Did you get my note to Gale of Oz?" Hatter and March continued their conversation about the butter.
Rabbit nodded rapidly again. "Your royal highness should meet her lady Gale in Oz." He suggested.
Ace sighed at Rabbit's formalities. "Yes, we should depart immediately." Ace said to Hatter and March. "Shall you be coming with us Rabbit." The two stopped the butter conversation for a minute and nodded madly before turning to speak to each other again.
"Oh no your majesty I'm quite late for a meeting with a royal flush." He said bounding away.
Ace, Hatter, and March began their journey to Oz. When they finally reached the gates to the castle it was Hatter who spoke. "Her royal highness Ace of Wonderland is here for her meeting with Her Majesty Gale of Oz." He said having practiced his speech all the way there. "I, Hatter, though quite mad am her royal adviser and my old friend March is in charge of the Queens military forces." He said to the knight. Ace and March stood behind Hatter, Ace smiling sweetly and March glancing around rapidly bouncing a little in place.
DarkJewel9

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:40 PM

Subject:
"Hmm that is an interesting proposal." Doll said looking at the person. "I wouldn't mind but of course I would like a few trusted guards and what not to come along of course you should know you can't be very trustworthy with the war these days.
Doll walked over and picked up a doll she knew exactly who she would bring and things she could place inside to spy on them. What if they were planning to double-cross her that wouldn't be now would it. She knew if the truce was made she could sneak stuff so small that no one there would notice. This wasn't her exact place she would like to side with but things have to be done and this was one of them.
luvinya

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 03:25 PM

Subject:
OOC: I just wanted you to know that I'm going on a trip tomorrow and I wont be back home until Friday so I wont be able to post again until then!
hunnz4evrr

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:03 PM

Subject:
Kara had suggested an alliance with a world similar to thier own.

"Imagine, M'lady. A world of creatures with extraordinary talents and....... oh! A brilliant ruler who knows the best way to handle situations." Kara tried. She knew that it would take some extra help outside of the kingdom if they were really to defeat this force of evil.

Rose smirked and replied "Silly Kara. Each and every one of these kingdoms is crawling with talent and brilliance. And each ruler is different, unique, and strong."

"Ah!", Kara smiled. "But which kingdom do you think could truly help us, M'lady?"

"Hmmmm. Kara you do have a point. Go and get me several pads and writung utensils. And bring back with you Fenner, the guard. I think we may be brainstorming some strategies for a little while longer" Rose smiled and motioned Kara to go.
luvinya

Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 02:28 PM

Subject:
bump
Chicknodle

Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 04:14 PM

Subject:

DarkJewel9 wrote:

"Hmm that is an interesting proposal." Doll said looking at the person. "I wouldn't mind but of course I would like a few trusted guards and what not to come along of course you should know you can't be very trustworthy with the war these days.
Doll walked over and picked up a doll she knew exactly who she would bring and things she could place inside to spy on them. What if they were planning to double-cross her that wouldn't be now would it. She knew if the truce was made she could sneak stuff so small that no one there would notice. This wasn't her exact place she would like to side with but things have to be done and this was one of them.

"Gather as many as you please. I shall wait here for your return, and lead your depature."
luvinya

Posted: Thu Sep 2, 2010 02:43 PM

Subject:

luvinya wrote:

bump

star1dream

Posted: Mon Sep 6, 2010 11:30 AM

Subject:
OOC: Bmp. I'll try to get a post up today.
Back to top Go down
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain
Administrator
Joy&RaptorsUnrestrain

PostSubject: Re: Relics from past rpgs   Relics from past rpgs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:59 am

the prince (metal)

east of the sun and west of the moon, cinderella/ye xian

france, arabia, england, denmark, germany, italy, china, norway, india

Once Upon a Time... so begin all the best stories. It is one of the great patterns, and it tells your mind "be ready, for once, in a place like this, something fantastic happened, and a person like you did something fantastic in response, and someday you may need to know how so that you may do your own fantastic things." Of course, you do not listen, but that is a pattern as well... and that is why so many stories start out with something terrible happening, even if it is fantastically terrible. The healthy grow sick, the poor grow more desperate, the wise grow foolish, the brave become fearful, the strong become weak, the good become corrupt, and eventually everyone meets The End. There is still hope, however, and that is in the stories and patterns as well... the youngest, most foolish child can work wonders, friends can be more powerful than the darkest of magicians, faith becomes a shield, wisdom becomes a sword, new life comes from death, and love conquers all. If you know the stories, and you follow the patterns, then know all you need to know about magic. That is as true now, among castles of glass and steel and momentary kings, where smog veils the wishing stars and lamps come from ikea and not Arabia, but where it is still dangerous to walk alone to grandmother's house, where beasts still covet the wildest of roses, where the mirror always shows the Fairest of Them All.

But sometimes, stories are stopped before they can begin, and the patterns are snarled into knots on the loom of the fates. It seems that there is some hidden entity that is working to undo the magic. The world needs this magic, these stories to continue to spin, and it is running dangerously low. In order to find the people whose lives resemble fairy tales and help them achieve their destinies, a group of the most powerful characters from the stories have been gathered together, risking their immortality for this great mission. Though all former heroes, villains, and side characters from many different stories (some woven together), the group now known as the Page of Swords must work together to ensure that modern people reach happily ever after.

THE PAGE OF SWORDS: (I claim Melusine)

Once Upon a Time, among the people of the sea, there was a Sorceress named Melusine. Her magic was unmatched, particularly among the powers of transformation, but everyone else in her life failed her. Her human father betrayed her mother, and when she used her magic to punish him, her mother turned on Melusine, choosing her faithless lover over her own child. Melusine then married a handsome prince, made him wealthy and beloved by all, and bore him many children, but he, too, turned on her and disobeyed her one request, before exposing her as a mermaid to his entire Court. Henceforth, she fled into the wilderness and the waters, but every so often she would emerge, to set the stories spinning. She turned the prince into a frog so that he might reach the heart of the spoiled princess of the golden orb. She turned the children of Lir into swans and crows. She turned the haughty king into a beast, she made Rapunzel's hair grow, she turned Kay's heart to ice, she spun Cinderella's starlight gown from rags and grew the pumpkin coach and cobbled the glass slippers, and made toads and diamonds fall from the lips of two sisters. She sat at Merlin's knee and learned the secrets of magic and the future from him, and then, when he planned to freeze the story in perpetual stasis for his own purposes, she used the same spells he'd taught to trap him in his own cave. And she always returned to the ancestral castle of her descendants and mourned when each of them died of old age while she remained young and beautiful. Finally, deep in the ocean, she was approached by a little mermaid, who wanted to be human, and Melusine granted the girl's wish. But magic has a price, and when the little mermaid failed to achieve her happily ever after, the sorceress grew despondant and hid from the world for good... until the recent troubles drew her from seclusion, and fate promised her one more chance to live happily ever after herself. Quote: There is no magic in a kiss. People kiss all the time... they kiss their mothers, their pets, their children, their spouses, their boyfriends, their girlfriends, their girlfriend's boyfriends, and their priests. You think of me as some hideous villain, but I took care of every one of my charges. There is no magic in kisses... but each time they kissed, each epiphany they had about how horrible they had been, each attempt to set things right, I hid in the background, and broke my own spells. There's no magic in kisses: the magic's in ME.

Source Tales: The Mermaid of Lusignan, The Snow Queen, Minor roles in many fairy tales (Beauty & the Beast, Cinderella, The Frog Prince, The Wild Swans, Rapunzel, Arthurian Legend), The Little Mermaid.

Tarot Cards: The Magician, Temperance, Seven of Cups

Element: Water

Once Upon a Time, in a small village in a kingdom cursed by the shadow of a haunted castle, there was a Fool named Leopold (which means "People-Bold") who wanted to learn how to shudder. Bandits, wizards, monsters and ghosts all sought to terrify him, but they could not, and in addition to being fearless, his strength was greater than any who opposed him, no matter how terrible. Finally, after winning the hand of the princess, Leo learned to shiver when his bride threw a bucket of freezing water and fish over him, and learned to worry when he thought of how, as king, he'd have to guide and protect and support all his people... but though his heart became more somber, he still didn't know fear. Sometimes, though, you need a fool to get things done, and he has come out of "retirement" to try and face the fears of the world once again. Quote: Seriously? This monster has tentacles, fangs, acidic blood, fire breath, lightning hair, and talons as big as my entire body. What's to be afraid of? Now making a working education system, a dinner for visiting heads of state, and fatherhood work out safely and happily for all involved? THAT is scary!

Source Tales: Fearnot/The Boy Who Wanted to Learn to Shudder/The Youth Who Didn't Know Fear.

Tarot Cards: The Fool/Death/Seven of Pentacles

Element: Spirit

Once Upon a Time, when the world was young, there was already a Monster, a vicious, flying, fire-breathing dragon. Some say that it was a burning angel, sent to punish humanity for its sins, while others claim the dragon was a form of the Adversary himself, a beast heralding the end of the world. Nothing could truely defeat it for the creature could breath fire... not just spit it... each time flames fell on the ground where the beast had last been slain, it would rise again to challenge a new foe: Marduk, Susanowo, Sigurd, Beowulf, Apollo, St. George, all slew the dragon, and each time the creature returned. A defender of the natural world, the Dragon exists to protect that which should remain free from Mankind's dominance and befouling touch, and the beast purifies the land with fire. Wildfires naturally rid the world of mast and debris, allowing new life and fertility, but man has never understood the cycles of nature, and so he builds on the shifting barrier islands and tries to keep the sand underneath from washing away. He brings vermin from one part of the world to the next, and then complains when they run wild without anything to eradicate them. And he wonders why he finds fires so enticing and intriguing, why he can stare into the candleflame and the hearth fire, and why he, like a moth, yearns to burn in some way, whether by passion or inspiration or excitement or power, despite the obvious cost. The Dragon is beyond human concerns, but even such a primordial creature understands this new threat... the world is dying, and its spark will go out, unless the dragon and its companions can bring new life to it. Able to take human form for the first time, the Drake (which can be either male or female... your choice) continues to work towards its environmental goals as well. Quote: I saw the beginning of the world, igniting the sun on the first Day. I taught humanity to rise above the rest of the animals, guarded and strengthened by fire. I inspired their dreams, mine was truly the first story, and I shall always be there to guide the little ones. However, I will also be the herald for the End of the World... and that might come sooner than you'd think, if you continue to meddle with nuclear capabilities. Sooner or later, you're toast... and I will feast well.

Source Tales: Enuna-Elish, Susanowo, The Ring of the Niebellungs, Beowulf, St. George and the Dragon, Apollo and Python, Prometheus

Tarot Cards: The Tower/The Hermit/Seven of Wands

Element: Fire

Once Upon a Time, in a land where the dessert sun burns, and faith and anger burns hotter, there lived a Thief named Aladdin, who stole a Ring of Protection, an enchanted treasure map, and some magic beans from a passing magician. The Thief had many adventures, and collected many treasures, including a magic lamp, a singing harp, and a goose that laid golden eggs. Indeed, with his mastery of escape, tremendous agility and dexterity, and razor sharp wits, not to mention skill with sleight of hand that borders on the supernatural, Aladdin, now calling himself Jack of Diamonds, has been blessed by the fates so that magic items always find their way into his clever hands. While he has been moonlighting as a master thief day and a stage magician by night in a city in the dessert just as hot as the one he was born in, but filled with endless lights and crowds and cards and foolish people getting married by not a sultan, but the King of Rock and Roll, the Thief seeks the next big score... and stealing back the magic of the stories is just the challenge for him. Quote: Insha'Allah, Sayeed, I can get anything you want me to. Your wish is... hahaha... my command. But I should warn you: I can get anything I want me to as well. And you only get three wishes... guess how many I'VE gotten?

Source Tales: Jack & The Beanstalk, Aladdin, Jack Be Nimble, Jack Sprat, Jack the Giant-Killer, Jack & Jill.

Tarot Cards: The Devil/The Wheel of Fortune/Seven of Swords

Element: Air

Once Upon a Time, in a land of fairies, there lived a Princess named Dawn. When she was born, all of the fairies came to her christening, and blessed her with many wonderful gifts... beauty and wisdom, music and art, grace and good fortune, command and respect, and above all, sensitivity. She also gained a curse... to sleep for all time after spilling a single drop of blood from her finger. As she slept, life continued on in the castle around her, and she was quietly sealed away in a tomblike chamber, while the throne was occupied by generations of her nieces and nephews, dreaming stranger dreams than before. But a sleeping mind is strong... and she learned many things in the dreams, awakening the powers the fairies had hidden away inside her gifts. With the force of her will and the powers of the mind, she woke herself from her sleep, and found that there was no place for her in this thorny kingdom of politics and pedigree. She wandered the land, until she came to a castle one stormy night, and was taken in, and sent to sleep on a bed of 20 mattresses and coverlets. But even here, she sensed the plots and schemes and desire for "the perfect princess," and she instantly knew of the plot to sneak a pea under the lowest of the mattresses, reading the minds of the Queen and psychometrically sensing the green life hidden far below her. She endured for the night, and then decided to teach her new family a lesson. Soon objects began moving around the palace by unseen hands. The royal family was haunted by nightmares. Memories of royal commands were forgotten by their subjects. And then, one evening, when everyone was certain the family was cursed, the princess herself disappeared, spirited away with twelve other maidens through secret passages the fairies carved into the earth, leading her to her own kingdom with forests of silver, gold, and diamonds, a vast lake, and a palace more splendid than any she had left behind. And there she remained, with her eleven disciples, no longer sleeping, but meditating on the world above, until her powers let her see what truly dire straights it was in, leading her to return to the follies of the world above. Quote: The Russians had it all wrong, in their work on the study of parapsychology. It isn't about power or bloodline. It's about sensitivity. There is the true power. And that is why all they managed to do was bend spoons and predict chess tournament moves, and why I can shape the world.

Source Tales: Sleeping Beauty, the Princess and the Pea, Twelve Dancing Princesses

Tarot Cards: The Empress/The Moon/Queen of Cups

Element: Light

Once Upon a Time, in a poor village, in the home of an even poorer family, there was a Cat, named Shadow. The Cat was smart, and soon learned the speech of humans in those regions, so that when he was the sole inheritance of the youngest son in that family, he used his cleverness and his natural gifts to help the boy rise to greatness by defeating a terrible shapeshifting ogre. However, swallowing a monster like that can change you, and the cat soon found that he had many other gifts... he could now appear human as well, or turn invisible, or vanish from one place to another, float or separate the parts of his own body. He traveled to a land of wonders, where he served as a guide for the young woman he found wandering there, drawing the ire of the land's mad queen, and enabling the girl to escape. Now, however, he is back, for despite his feline self-interest, the cat has never been able to stop helping others in need. It is too deeply ingrained after centuries, and he has been looking forward to this new mission with the Page of Swords. Quote: I find it fascinating that you are so concerned with the details of your everday humdrum life. I think I put it quite well when I said "We're all mad here." Maybe you're not looking at the situation from the proper perspective. Everything is clearer through cat's eyes.

Source Tales: Puss in Boots, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Tarot Cards: The Chariot/The Hanged Man/The King of Wands

Element: Darkness

Once Upon a Time, in Prague, the famous mystic and Rabbi Judah Loew ben Bezalel decided to save his people from persecution by sculpting a giant man out of clay and stone, giving life to this Golem in the same way that Adam was created out of clay in Genesis. With the word "Emet" meaning "Truth" or "Reality" inscribed on its forhead, and all the secrets of Rabbi Loew in its mind, the Golem could move the earth itself, and pass through solid objects, becoming insubstantial as a ghost or hard as diamond. It could sense wrongness and see through lies. It tracked down the evil-doers and brought them to justice, protected the Jewish people of Prague... but it had been brought to life by the mysteries of the Almighty, and it wanted more. It wanted to be real, to be true. It didn't want to do chores for the Rabbi, though it still cared for him and owed him its life. However, something happened, and everything went wrong. Some claim that the Golem fell in love, but was rejected. For whatever reason, it began to act out, using its powers to cause trouble, until finally the Holy Roman Emperor begged Rabbi Loew to destroy it. Carefully, the great Rabbi approached the Golem, and asked it to bend down so he could whisper a secret in its ear. When it did so, Rabbi Loew whispered "You are like a son to me..." and then reached up and erased the E from "Emet," leaving only "Met," or "Death." The Golem turned to lifeless clay again, and Rabbi Loew hid its body until such time as the people needed a protector again. However, the hidden location was lost, and it was only centuries later, that the chamber was illuminated by a blue glow, as a girl with wings and strange markings inscribed on her skin, a fairy or even an angel, appeared, and with a gentle touch, restored the missing letter on the Golem's forehead, returning it to life. "You can still be given real life, child of Earth," she said, "But your story will only reach its conclusion when the current crisis is overcome, and magic flows freely through your world and mine again." With that promise, she vanished in a shower of stars, and the Golem, now calling himself Joel (which means "God is Willing"), he seeks to prove himself worthy of acting of his own free will. Since his return to life, he has had several close calls, and even had to be brought back to life once by the mad experiments a troubled scientist who thought that he was a dead criminal instead of a being made of clay. Quote: I have fought for truth and justice, and been sentenced in place of the people. I have been betrayed by my father. I do the work of angels. I have been tricked by cats and foxes. I have been made a donkey again and again. I will be no one's puppet. I have died again and again, and returned to life even more times. I have learned the cost of lies. I have been forged by the new Prometheus with the hammer of lightning and the smithy of science, and was abandoned yet again. There are none other like me, but I am of the Earth, and I endure. I am the champion of truth and reality, and someday, I... I will be real and true, also.

Source Tales: The Golem of Prague, Pinocchio, Frankenstein

Tarot Cards: Judgement/The High Priestess/Page of Pentacles

Element: Earth

Once Upon a Time, a lonely mother found a fairy crown, and thinking it was a ring, slipped it on her finger, and wished, not for the first time, for a Child, even if only one as small as her thumb. Her wish was granted, and she named the daughter Thumbelina, and raised her as best she could. However, the world is a dangerous place for a girl as small as one's thumb, and it was all too easy to be swept away into adventure, for Thumbelina was beautiful. First, the frog-goblins stole her to be their bride, only to be rescued by butterflies and fish, then she was dismissed as ugly by the bizarre bugbears, then the mouse brownies traded her to the King of the Mole Gnomes, and only later was she able to escape with the help of a swallow. Her luck finally changed, however, and she met and fell in love with the fairy prince, who married her and gave her wings woven of spider silk and dewdrops, and taught her the magic of the growing world and the power of spring, letting her speak the languages of all plants as well as animals, and giving her the power to call on them for aid. Sadly, that aid would be needed, for Jack Frost, covetous of her beauty, stole the very same crown that had given her life, and used it to wish the fairy prince into a frozen statue in the scoundrel's icicle castle. In exchange for the assistance in restoring the power of stories to the world, Thumbelina has requested that they assist her in rescuing her husband. She is no longer going to clutched at by every greedy brute who wants a pretty prize for his chambers... she is the crown princess of the fairies and the maiden of spring, and like roots crush stones to dust and dunes hold back the ocean, she will prove to all how formidable she can be, once and for all. Quote: People look down on the small, it is true, but that is not all that they do. The usually don't even notice us. That is a mistake, brought about by arrogance and vanity. Microscopic creatures kill thousands of humans every year without even realizing it. Insects outnumber all other creatures on Earth, both in numbers and in variety. A few rats caused the Black Death. And one scratch from this thorny dagger, tipped in the most potent venom of the verdant world, will leave you begging for mercy that will never come. So... which of you wants to get between me and my husband now?

Source Tale: Thumbelina

Tarot Cards: The World/Strength/The Eight of Swords

Element: Wood

Once Upon a Time... (one more to come... the Prince)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relics from past rpgs   Relics from past rpgs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relics from past rpgs
Page 1 of 1