Critics' Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Critics' Corner

A review site like no other

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Legends of the Forgotten

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedSnow

Legends of the Forgotten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legends of the Forgotten   Legends of the Forgotten - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 2:40 am

Gene considered this for a moment.

"It might," he said. "And it might not."

At the moment, the only thing this girl knew was that the twins were trying to save their cousin and that Gene would be an accomplice if they went looking for her. The other, and more important facts, such as Gene's hunch that these two were connected to legendary Pokemon somehow, this girl had no idea of – or that was the idea, anyway.

"You know my face," said Gene. "And you know the faces of these two, as well as our goal. Your word here means nothing; there are plenty of psychics and psychic Pokemon trainers who can extract that information from you. So the only situation here is: just don’t get caught. Rather, don’t give them a reason to catch you.”

He smiled brightly. Because, frankly, I’m not sure what I’d do to you if I found out you endangered me or my partners in any way.

Turning his sightless eyes to the twins, he said, “If you’ve eaten enough to feel like you’re half hungry, we should leave. Not the best idea to go flying, or infiltrating Rocket bases, on an empty stomach.”

His thoughts lingered, for a moment, on the things he’d leave behind – the old pokeblock mixer he’d used to evolve his Milotic, and that twice-worn pot he’d used too many times to count. He could return for them, but he was far too distrusting of this Ailin girl; it was best to abandon them than come back to face an ambush.

“Skarmory,” he said, and the Pokeball popped open in his hand. The steel bird, who had been sleeping, drowsily stood up. “Sorry, girl,” he said, reaching over to carefully pet her steel feathers. “We’ll get a long rest after this one. I promise.”

She stared at him for a couple tentative seconds before nipping playfully – albeit a bit harder than she usually did – at his hand. She understood.

“We’ll talk while in the air,” said Gene, and recalled his Umbreon before climbing onto his Skarmory’s back. As his Skarmory took to the sky, he could feel the sun’s last rays of the day fall like soft hands on his skin until swept away by the light breezes of the night.

And it would be a very long night, too, he thought to himself. Mew escaped back into the warmth of his jacket, carefully transforming back into her original state when out of sight. He smiled as she gave a soft mew of contentment.

Once he heard the distinct sound of metal wings from another pokemon than his own, he urged his Skarmory a bit closer and said, “Do you have an idea of where your cousin is located? Or will we have to start from scratch?”
Back to top Go down

Legends of the Forgotten
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Critics' Corner :: RPG :: Fandom-based-
Jump to: