Critics' Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Critics' Corner

A review site like no other

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WeirdPerson

WeirdPerson

I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction Empty
PostSubject: I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction   I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:40 pm

A/n: Yay! I have succesfully beaten off writer's block! I do hope somebody besides me if active. I'd like to get some feedback on this before I post it on fanfiction.net

Summary: The fire lord fears that his daughter is becoming too powerful, and must be dealt with. Oc x Azula

Ch.1
The fire lord sat meditating on his throne; eyes closed to the dancing flames around him. His thoughts ran from the success of his war, to his daughter Azula. A slight frown creased his pale brow at this train of thought. She was becoming too powerful. Soon she would realize her true potential, and try to take the throne from him. He needed to prevent this somehow. They only problem was how. A weak emotion called love prevented him from considering having her taken out. The next best option was marriage. She was turning sixteen soon, the age when most girls were wed. But that was quickly forgotten. There was no way Azula would let a man control her as a husband would. The man would either have to be a masochist or a fool.

As if answering his prayers, guards burst into his throne room, carrying a very drunk man between them. The man was dressed in tattered Earth kingdom clothes, caked with dirt. He seemed too drunk to even support himself as he leaned heavily on the two guards flanking him. His head of shaggy black hair fell to his chest, as the man laughed to himself about something.

“My lord, we found this drunk wandering the castle. How he got in, we have no idea let alone how he got past all of our security measures.” One of the guards supporting the drunk explained.

“What exactly was he doing in the castle?” The Fire lord asked, curious as to how some dirty drunk got past his highly trained guards.

“I was looking for a good lay. Heard you had a hot daughter. Thought she’d be more of a challenge than your son.” The man said, cutting off the guard before he could answer. Offended, the guard on his left smacked the drunk upside the head.

“Watch the way you speak of our prince and princess!” The guard snapped. The drunk just laughed, shaking his head.

“If you want it to hurt, you’re going to need to hit me harder than that.” The dirty man laughed, a sick grin plastering his face.

“What’s your name?” Ozai asked, stepping down off his throne. Altough drunk, this man seemed to be the amswer to the Fire lord’s predicament.

“Goemon.” The drunk replied, eyes widening as Ozai stepped through the fire towards him. The fire lord was the most beautiful man the poor Earth nation soldier had ever seen. No wonder there had been many rumors about his daughter’s beauty, if she took after her father.

“You said that you’ve met my son, Zuko?”

“Yeah, I picked him up at a bar in Ba Sing Sae. He didn’t take very long to convince.”

“Convince of what?”

Goemon laughed, shaking his head at the fire lord’s naivety. “To convince his to sleep with me, of course.” The Fire lord felt his jaw drop a bit at the news. “What? Bet I wasn’t the first man to take him for a ride, with the way he acted.” His laughter was cut short by Ozai’s palm striking his cheek.

“How dare you speak of my son that way…” The Fire lord growled, glaring down at the captive. Goemon just laughed, reveling in the pain the slap had caused.

“Oh, that was wonderful,” He purred, gazing up at the fire lord. Staring intently into the drunk’s glazed eyes, Ozai mulled over the possibilities. Angi must have been happy with his leadership to send this man to him. He was the perfect answer to his problems.

“Goemon…” Ozai drawled, turning away from the man. “What is your profession?”

“Drunk, and professional womanizer, now that the Fire nation took control of most of the Earth Kingdom.” The man in question replied, his heavy head leaning to one side.

“And what was your profession before that?” The Fire lord pressed.

“Don’t remember.” Goemon stated grinning lazily at the Lord’s back.

“I see. Perhaps a night in the dungeons will jog your memory.” With a wave of his hand, he excused the guards to carry out his orders. As he heard the doors close, a wicked grin spread across his lips. This man would do just nicely.
Back to top Go down
AriEmeraldstar
Administrator
AriEmeraldstar

PostSubject: Re: I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction   I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:22 am

Holy crap, Saru, this is disturbing on SO many levels...and yet it's also intriguing somehow. The only real problem I have with it is that I cannot picture Zuko as being gay, let alone letting some drunk guy have his way with him. And the Fire Lord seems a tad OOC when he referred to Zuko as 'his son' -- I know I don't keep up with Avatar much, but I do know that he basically disowned Zuko when he was banished, and again after the eclipse. I highly doubt the Fire Lord is feeling much paternal affection for Zuko anymore, especially since it appears to me that Azula might be able to inherit the throne of the Fire Lord directly, without having to marry someone who would then become the Fire Lord. But hey, I could be wrong about that one. Either way, Ozai would want Azula to marry someone who he viewed as being a worthy successor to him.

All in all, though, much as it disturbs me, I see this having potential, especially since you mentioned you were having a bad case of writer's block beforehand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ariemeraldstar
WeirdPerson

WeirdPerson

PostSubject: Re: I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction   I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:35 pm

AriEmeraldstar wrote:
Holy crap, Saru, this is disturbing on SO many levels...and yet it's also intriguing somehow. The only real problem I have with it is that I cannot picture Zuko as being gay, let alone letting some drunk guy have his way with him. And the Fire Lord seems a tad OOC when he referred to Zuko as 'his son' -- I know I don't keep up with Avatar much, but I do know that he basically disowned Zuko when he was banished, and again after the eclipse. I highly doubt the Fire Lord is feeling much paternal affection for Zuko anymore, especially since it appears to me that Azula might be able to inherit the throne of the Fire Lord directly, without having to marry someone who would then become the Fire Lord. But hey, I could be wrong about that one. Either way, Ozai would want Azula to marry someone who he viewed as being a worthy successor to him.

All in all, though, much as it disturbs me, I see this having potential, especially since you mentioned you were having a bad case of writer's block beforehand.

OMG! You're back! Yay! I didn't mention this before, although I should have, this story takes place before the Black Sun, but after Ba Sing Sae fell. He warmed up to Zuko after Azula told him that Zuko killed the Avatar. In my train of thought with this characterization of Ozai is that he wants to keep her occupied and away from plotting his downfall. He's kinda supposed to be a bit OOC in this, I think.

It disturbs me as well. I woke up with Goemon IN MY HEAD! Talk about a affraid moment lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction   I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am Yours - An Avatar: The last airbender fan fiction
Page 1 of 1